Close

Default Build wpd from Library window?

Hi Bob,

I may have suggested something like this before and been told it was not practical or necessary, but I still think it could be useful:

Would it be possible to have an option in the Library windows(s) to create or refresh wpd files for selected soundfiles (ideally as a background activity - although I suspect background activities may clash with the real-time SAWStudio philosophy).

I quite often have to work from a whole load of source files from other applications, and it would be nice not to have to put them on the timeline to build peak data, and then have to take 'em back off. I could spark up SAW Studio, point it at the wav files and do something else until complete, then start the editing session without any waiting for peak builds.

I'd like to have written a standalone batch file app to generate SAW peak data files, but alas have no programming skills .

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Alan
    Alan Hames
    Leicester, UK

Default Re: Build wpd from Library window?

Once you bring soundfiles into a session... try using the File View window... there you can select multiple soundfiles from the project list and refresh the peak data with one command.

Bob L

Thanks, Bob - I had not noticed that option in the File View window.

Does this imply that there is some other way to bring soundfiles into a session, so that they appear in the File View window list, other than simply dropping them on the timeline?

Alan
    Alan Hames
    Leicester, UK

You never have to put anything on the timeline to build a Peakdata file. You can open individual files with the "open file and create region" command, which will create a .wpd and add the file to your regions list. But the Library View is the most efficient way to add multiple files to a session. Once you've opened your library window to the proper folder, you can either use "Link" to add all selected files to your regions list, or "Import," which will create one large file comprising all the audio files you've selected while again creating regions.

Sean,

Thanks for pointing that out - exactly what I needed.

How embarrassing - those buttons must have been there for 10 years and I had never even considered what they were for .

Better read the manual again...

Cheers,

Alan
    Alan Hames
    Leicester, UK