Close

Default Renders aren't looking good

I'm working with AVI files that have been rendered from QTPro, they look great, they play perfect. They are 560 x240. The problem comes when I go to render the video with my audio with SAW, the resulting AVI isn't 560x240 and it looks crappy. I can't send this to the director, any suggestions on what to do?
    Erik Friedlander
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.erikfriedlander.com

Default Re: Renders aren't looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Arco View Post
    I'm working with AVI files that have been rendered from QTPro, they look great, they play perfect. They are 560 x240. The problem comes when I go to render the video with my audio with SAW, the resulting AVI isn't 560x240 and it looks crappy. I can't send this to the director, any suggestions on what to do?
    Don't re-render the video. Replace the audio track in the original video file.

Re-rendering will aways degrade the video as you are re-compressing compressed video.

QTPro will allow you to remove and add audio tracks without disturbing the video.

See this thread
    Last edited by cgrafx; 07-28-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

cool...never occurred to me, thanks.

e
    Erik Friedlander
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.erikfriedlander.com

SS renders to straight DV format... NTSC is 720x480... there is no loss at all if starting with the same format.

As I said... if you start with odd format and sized files, you will need to use a video editor designed to size and scale and convert from format to format.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    SS renders to straight DV format... NTSC is 720x480... there is no loss at all if starting with the same format.

As I said... if you start with odd format and sized files, you will need to use a video editor designed to size and scale and convert from format to format.

Bob L
    Any plans for HD formats? I don't need it. I was just curious.

Well... you can read just about any format with the proper codecs... the rendering back though is quite a different story... so at this time I am leaving that to the video editor programs...

Bob L