Close

Default Open session from drive with different letter

I recorded some sets of a live performance the other night to an external hard drive and now when I open the sessions on my notebook computer, the sound files aren't loaded, because my notebook sees the the hard drive as a different letter name (that's my assumption). I can load the sound files back in individually, but that is tedious. Is there a way to point the whole session to the sound files with one setting or command or is there a way I can save the session initially to make it easier to bring it up on another computer without having to manually re-import all the sound files?

Default Re: Open session from drive with different letter

i believe there is a global repathing option in the file menu.

regards,

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

If you hit shift and click ok the files should load from the data drive (if the edl is loaded from the directory where the audio is).
    Then resave with a new name to the data drive...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Burger View Post
    If you hit shift and click ok the files should load from the data drive (if the edl is loaded from the directory where the audio is).
    Then resave with a new name to the data drive...
    That's perfect. When I open it on the original computer, do I need to do that also, or does it remember the original location?

Save and repath session to new drive/folder. It's on the File menu.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

If you open on the original computer it will find it if the drive comes up with the original letter,
    If you insert another thumb drive or removable and the drive letter changes you would have to shift again.