Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Frequency analyzer

Have you all tried this yet? I really suggest you take time to... I am completely and utterly floored by the performance. I've tried numerous analyzers and beside the fact that none of the have even near half the response. None of them even have near the features. Zooming in on specific frequencies, listening to specific bands or groups of bands...

it's a dream come true.... and I tried the reverb too... goodness. *sigh* Love

Anyways, just had to share my praises and recommendation. That frequency analyzer kicks butt!
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Default Re: The Frequency analyzer

Glad you are enjoying it... it is quite different from most spectrum analizers...

I have used it to solve many issues in complex mixes and zero in on just the frequencies that were bothering me quickly.

Very interesting tool.

The reverb algorithm was designed by Hristo a past employee and co-worker. He did an awesome job, I think... I have used the Gymnasium High Density chamber in so many projects and with a slight tweak of an EQ patched in after the reverb, it has been a dream.

Bob L

I have all of the SAW plugs except this one. I would love to own it if it could help my mixes. Could someone explain to me exactly how I would benifit by seeing my mix and or individual tracks.
    Joe

I use it when mixing by placing it on the output track. Then as I am working on the mix, if I hear something that is not quite right, I solo the track in question.

Now I can see only that track in the analyzer. Use the Analyzer to zoom in on the troubled area and begin to find a particular frequency range that may be sticking out or missing. Many times I hear something and adjust an eq frequency, only to find that I'm having to use way too much eq correction to get the sound I'm looking for.

In almost all of these cases, by looking close at the analyzer and then by using the Listen options, I will find that my eq choice was way off from where I thought it should be... when I find the correct frequency that was bothering me, then I find that a small amount of eq correction is all that's needed to get the sound I was after.

Obviously, the less adjustment used, the cleaner the final sound.

It's also a great tool to learn how to hear frequencies and identify them by ear. Listening to different instruments with the Listen option On, can be a great teacher for learning how to identify what different frequency ranges sound like... pretty soon you can become quite good at pinpointing a troubled frequency range by ear.

Bob L

Lightbulb Re: The Frequency analyzer

Hi Bob,

Have you had any thoughts about adding some averaging modes to the Frequency Analyser?

Dave.

I'm not sure I can find any reason to add averaging modes... by overlapping the bandwidth of the filters and controlling the speed of the meter response, you can seem to get displays of anything an averaging mode might do for you.

Bob L

I use it to find the exact location for my de esser. It works perfectly for that. Other nice applications are eq'ing double bass, finding where to set filters and almost anything in particular. Or if I am working in my office where I only have auratones. Funny I have been recording for a long time and I still learn things about frequencies and harmonics.

What a useful tool.

Any chance of a tutorial video like the one for the levelizer? I don't know about anyone else but I would like to see more, and more in depth, videos on the levelizer and the frequency analyser.

Wow! Nice plugin Bob! I really like the "listen" mode. Lets you zoom right in on the trouble spots. Combined with the Levelizer, that's an unbeatable mastering combo!

So when are you going to come up with a multiband comp?

-0z-
    Glenn "Oz" Fricker
    Spectre Sound Studios
    www.spectresound.ca

Need crushing guitar tone? Contact me about reamping!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Nimbus
    Wow! Nice plugin Bob! I really like the "listen" mode. Lets you zoom right in on the trouble spots. Combined with the Levelizer, that's an unbeatable mastering combo!

So when are you going to come up with a multiband comp?

-0z-
    You can make your own in sawstudio very easily, but I think it's a tool that is rather useless really. You can do much more creative things to a signal to fix various problems, especially if you're in the hands of the original mix. Mastering should never be a "fix it" stage
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph