Close

Default sound after building mix?

Maybe this is silly, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Is it possible to have SS play a sound when the build-mix is complete. I often build big files that take 15-30 minutes, It would be great if I SS could notify with a sound when their done.

Scott

Default Re: sound after building mix?

Not at this time... since SAWStudio is generally connected to studio control room speakers, I generally avoided using sounds as alarms.

Bob L

Scott,

I know it's not the same, but... for long renders when time is of the essence, I often time how long it takes for the progress indicator to get to 1%, then multiply that by 99 to determine how much more time is left. Usually works pretty well. If you feel like it, you could set an egg timer or something after you've determined the ETA.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

It's not that big of a deal. I certainly understand Bob's point. It's just that most of the time when I ask about something, Bob has already implemented it, I just don't know where to find it.

I pretty much know how long it takes. I just get distracted. Maybe I'll try the timer idea.

Never hurts to ask.
    Scott

One option would be to play the soundfile view after a buildmix operation. It could be a menu selection.

Although I generally disable features like this, I'd use it from time to time, especially since I like to listen to the soundfile after a buildmix anyway.

My very first audio editor (Wave for Windows, I think it was called) used to play this voice "DONE PROCESSING" really loudly when it would finish it's work. Of course that was in the day when adding a reverb literally took hours. That voice is about the only thing I ever missed about that program.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Scott,

I know it's not the same, but... for long renders when time is of the essence, I often time how long it takes for the progress indicator to get to 1%, then multiply that by 99 to determine how much more time is left. Usually works pretty well. If you feel like it, you could set an egg timer or something after you've determined the ETA.

This is what I do when rendering video files in Sony Vegas. Although Vegas will figure out and show you how long it will take, on long renders it can take several minutes to calculate. I do a quick calculation in my head and just keep an eye on the clock.