Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: DSB-2408 remote controllable preamp.

@ TomyN (and gdougherty): You'll need the ASV-4422 for midi and clock input. You can run a short cat5 cable between the DSB and the ASV and have them in the same rack, but it makes much more sense if the ASV/PC is at foh and the DSB is on stage!

@ ssrsound: I think the ASV-4422 can be layed out the way you want, but Frank Albert is the man to ask about that. I have my two ASV's mounted on a 19" faceplate for rack mounting, and Frank send me the layout of the faceplate for approval to make sure the ins and outs were where I wanted them.

Best regards Peter Olsen.

Default Re: DSB-2408 remote controllable preamp.

Peter,

Could you use wireless?

Default Re: DSB-2408 remote controllable preamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Burger View Post
    Peter,

Could you use wireless?
    If you're asking what I think you're asking, no those boxes are just using CAT5 cable to extend the audio, it's not Ethernet or IP routable data. So no you couldn't transmit all your audio data over a wi-fi network.

Is that what you were asking?

Of course if the answer is yes, my next question would be, would you really want to trust all your audio transmissions to a wi-fi connection? Yikes!
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

4. Default Re: DSB-2408 remote controllable preamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Burger View Post
    Peter,

Could you use wireless?
    RBIngrahams answer is correct - assuming we understand your question!

Best regards Peter Olsen.

5. Default Re: DSB-2408 remote controllable preamp.

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    If you're asking what I think you're asking, no those boxes are just using CAT5 cable to extend the audio, it's not Ethernet or IP routable data. So no you couldn't transmit all your audio data over a wi-fi network.

Is that what you were asking?

Of course if the answer is yes, my next question would be, would you really want to trust all your audio transmissions to a wi-fi connection? Yikes!
    If it was an install, you could use a nice IR based solution. Wireless and not susceptible to RF hits. Works quite well!

6. Default Re: DSB-2408 remote controllable preamp.

Quote Originally Posted by 905shmick View Post
    If it was an install, you could use a nice IR based solution. Wireless and not susceptible to RF hits. Works quite well!
    I hope you don't mean Infrared by IR? That can be disturbed by light sources, which is even worse..

7. Default Re: DSB-2408 remote controllable preamp.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioRoots View Post
    I hope you don't mean Infrared by IR? That can be disturbed by light sources, which is even worse..
    Yes that's exactly what I mean. There is some real nice IR gear out there.

8. Default Re: DSB-2408 remote controllable preamp.

Quote Originally Posted by 905shmick View Post
    Yes that's exactly what I mean. There is some real nice IR gear out there.
    That's even worse than wifi in terms of things that can break the connection.
    Not to mention you can probably squeeze 1-2 channels of audio on it, but that's about it.

9. Default Re: DSB-2408 remote controllable preamp.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioRoots View Post
    That's even worse than wifi in terms of things that can break the connection.
    Not to mention you can probably squeeze 1-2 channels of audio on it, but that's about it.
    I'm talking about real, proper IR/laser networking gear, not laptop to laptop connections. This is solid, proven stuff and can do gigabit speeds. Anyways, we're veering way off topic here, but trust me, this stuff is way more solid than any RF based technology.