Close

Default Ez drummer 2 .dll

I cant seem to load Ez drummer 2 into Saw, It works as Stand alone fine..is there a difference in the .dll ? Ez basic is ezdrummer.dll EZ 2 is Ezdrummer.dll with a Cap E but when I try to copy into Saw Lite/ Vst folder
    it puts in Ezdrummer(2).dll , I tried to rename it but it wont let me, If I delete the basic .dll then I can load it but I'm still getting the Trouble loading plug in warning ?? Hope I'm making sense.

Default Re: Ez drummer 2 .dll

You will not be able to have the same filename in the same folder... upper-lower case does not qualify as a different name.

You can install the new one into a different folder and then use the .ini link method in SAWStudio to link to that plugin and name the .ini file EZDrummer 2.

Read the pdf manual or helpfile section on using the .ini link for vst plugins.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ez drummer 2 .dll

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    You can install the new one into a different folder and then use the .ini link method in SAWStudio to link to that plugin and name the .ini file EZDrummer 2. Read the pdf manual or helpfile section on using the .ini link for vst plugins.Bob L
    Yes...this functionality is a great feature of SS/SAC!

I create folders within the VST-Plugins folder for every type of plugin that I am using. For example, for reverbs, create a reverb folder and place all of the reverb plugins in that folder. Do the same for choruses, EQ's, etc.

Then, you can create ini files to point to those folder locations. For example. if you have a reverb called myreverb.dll located in the Reverb folder - the ini file will look like this: C:\SAC\VST_PlugIns\Reverb\myreverb.dll.

I then can name the actuall ini file to be simply "Reverb" - as can be shown in the diagram below. This allows for plugins such as cleanchorus_rev200143.dll to be simply displayed as Chorus.