Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vst designation

Default Vst designation

Bob, since FX choices already show DX plugins in pink and VST in green, (I know I asked this before)... would it be easy have just an "option" to block out the letter designation?
    Not a biggie.... just asking.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Default Re: Vst designation

I suppose so... for what reason?

Bob L

Exclamation Re: Vst designation

Bob, I'd rather you didn't remove "DX", "SAW" (or "SAC"), and "VST", as I, being colorblind, rely on those designations for quick & efficient searches.

OTOH, as Carl suggested, you might make it an option for the "color-blessed".

Thanks and regards,
    Míke Č. Déč

Thumbs up Re: Vst designation

Quote Originally Posted by Stashu View Post
    Can we leave Bob alone, please.
    This is not an IHOP where you can order up the audio omlette you want.
    His time is better spent making a great program. How it looks on your plate doesn't change the taste.
    Hey, I like that, Stashu...gr8 analogy!

Although I do find it amusing how the presentation manages to somehow influence the taste for some...not unlike ads and brand names......you get the picture.

Best regards,
    Míke Č. Déč

Hey Bob could I get a short stack along with an update to MWS.....

Red face Re: Vst designation

...With hot dogs instead of sausage, please.......
    Míke Č. Déč

Quote Originally Posted by Stashu View Post
    Can we leave Bob alone, please.
    This is not an IHOP where you can order up the audio omlette you want.
    His time is better spent making a great program. How it looks on your plate doesn't change the taste.
    Give it a rest. Ergonomics and ease of use is just as important to an application as sound quality, features, etc....

If it wasn't we could have stopped development of computers at the command line interface.

This don't bug the developer mentality is such a crock of BS. That's what a developer's job is, to listen to their customers and then make choices about what is worth paying attention to, what should just be ignored and where in a priority list a request belongs.

How about can we leave well meaning users with requests alone... maybe it'll make your tools better, you never know.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Miskimon View Post
    Hey Bob could I get a short stack along with an update to MWS.....
    Ill take an order of that too!
    Carey A. Langille
    Producer/Engineer
    Ocean Sound Productions
    www.oceansoundstudio.com
    Creativity at the Speed of Sound

Quote Originally Posted by Carey Langille View Post
    Ill take an order of that too!
    Me, three. Hold the pancakes.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I suppose so... for what reason?

Bob L
    Reason: Logical screen space organizational efficiency and consistancy when vertically aligning FX Choices view with FX Pre/Post Patches view.
    An example, shown below, is when the FX Patches window is adjusted for all that is necessary for full view, then many items in the FX Choices are cut (even SAW items) making other 'choices' confusing.
    As shown here, when the FX Choices window is aligned with width needed in FX Patches view, many of the choices in FX Choices view become obscured.
    Conversely when FX Choices window is widened to (always) include the DX/VST/SAW column (and free horizontal spaces before name of plugin), then the FX Patches windows contain much unneeded screen space.
    The most efficient combination (to me) would be to have the FX Choices window:
    1. Have option for only showing the "Plugin Name" column in the FX Choices view (as they are already color coded, and those monochrome inclined folks can choose current default)
    2. Simply Move the DX/SAW/VST Column in FX Choices view to the *right* of Plugin's column - making the Plugin Column the one that adjusts width with the width adjustment of the view.
    (this might be the simplest programming solution?) Then we could simply adjust FX Choices view to desired width for "Plugin Display Only", if desired.
    Last edited by Carl G.; 10-04-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com