Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Redline Reverb VST on remote has an issue

I have the Redline Reverb in VST format, it is installed on the host system as well as two remotes of which one is a laptop. If I am using one instance of the reverb there are no problems but if I add more than one like for instance one for drum verb and one for vox verb the issue starts.

Here is what I found:
    If I open a mix file that has two or more instances of the Redline Reverb the remote session will crash as soon as you right click the live button.
    If only using one instance all is fine.

My current work around which seems to work so far:
    Save the mix file with only one instance of the reverb and then after opening the mix file and going live you add the other instance or multiple instance and it seems to work ok.

This is the 112db Redline Reverb. I would only wish this could work better because this is by far one of the best reverbs that I have heard.

James "Bubba" Sanderford

brettbrandon Guest

Default Re: Redline Reverb VST on remote has an issue

Not sure if this will help...

Try copying the reverb dll file to a new name (Reverb.dll and Reverb2.dll) so that there are two instances. Use one instance for one reverb and the other instance for the second verb.

You could also try a second install of the reverb to a different vst folder and then rename the second dll file. That way it will also has its own support files. Then add the path of the second verb to the SAC ini file.

Brett

I have a bit of a different problem with this same reverb. When I instantiate even once and then try and remove it from the PrePatches, it crashes Saw and SAC everytime.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by mixer100 View Post
    I have a bit of a different problem with this same reverb. When I instantiate even once and then try and remove it from the PrePatches, it crashes Saw and SAC everytime.
    Ken
    Does it still do this with a scratch install of SAC into another folder? With a brand new template mix session?

I can run as many instances as needed on the host, it all works good, just can't seem to get it to work properly on the remotes.
    I will try some your suggestions and see if there is any change.
    Thanks,
    Bubba

+1 on the "try" suggestions. Thanks
    Ken

Smile Re: Redline Reverb VST on remote has an issue

Tried renaming the dll to different names and same problem.
    Tried installing the reverb plugin as a second install and changing the name to Redline Reverb 2 and 3,4,5,6,7,8 etc.... each additional install and then renamed the dll's in the same order, this works, Nice going Brett and Thank you.

brettbrandon Guest

Glad I could help.

I wonder if that would fix some other vst problems.

I also just noticed that the graphic files for Redline Reverb are stored in the "resource" folder of each install. Being that you now have individual graphics for each, you can change the background graphic and add the number to each verb. Then you can visually tell which one you are working with.

Example for number 3...

Brett
    Last edited by brettbrandon; 11-22-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Cool, I will try that. Also in order to run the mix file with these new settings it only works if I open the mix file from the remote, click the live button, it then hangs on the remote side trying to syncronize the session, so hit the refresh button and then it syncs, takes alot longer than usuall. If the host system has the mix session up and you open a remote to syncronize it crashes the remote.
    Not a 100% fix but at least I can save my mix file with the reverb settings and recall later.

Quote Originally Posted by bubsand View Post
    Cool, I will try that. Also in order to run the mix file with these new settings it only works if I open the mix file from the remote, click the live button, it then hangs on the remote side trying to syncronize the session, so hit the refresh button and then it syncs, takes alot longer than usuall. If the host system has the mix session up and you open a remote to syncronize it crashes the remote.
    Not a 100% fix but at least I can save my mix file with the reverb settings and recall later.
    What are you doing for network? Hardwired, wireless, g, n, etc?