Close

Default VST Instruments possible?

I am looking at setting our church up with a SAC system...is it possible to host a MIDI VST Instrument within SAC and assign it's outputs to an input in SAC? Basically, we use a set of electronic drums, and sometimes use Superior Drummer 2 as a sample library. I use 7 outputs, and if this would work, it would make it so I don't have to buy another interface to get started. Thanks.

Default Re: VST Instruments possible?

Yes... SAC becomes a great live VST host.

Bob L

brettbrandon Guest

Yes you can use VSTi's in SAC.

You patch them into "Pre Effect" send and set the channel input source to "FX Src".
    Superior Drummer is capable of assigning sounds to up to 16 channels.
    It will use the channels directly following the channel you insert the plugin into. You will find the midi setting and channel output under the blue triangle on the plugin window.

Brett

EDIT: Bob posted while I was typing.......

that's awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!

yeah I know, old thread but my question kind of fits with it.....

I've got the VST synth installed and playing, and out putting none the less, but my issue is the midi port that I'm using is causing all types of heck to any remotes on the system.

• start the host - all good
    • open mix session with the installed and midi patched VST - still peachy
    • start remote - still good
    • activate "remote mode" - error message pops up about midi port being unavailable and then crashes the remote

if I remove the midi patch from the VST on the host then I can remote in all day long.

Any ideas?
    Ben Farmer
    Omaha, NE
    ETCP Certified Entertainment Electrician

I have only done this without the vsti installed on the remotes also... try that and see if it works.

If you need the vsti on the remote to attempt to control settings by using the right-click pyramid icon feture to update settings on the host, then I am guessing it may be trying to activate a midi port on the remote that does not exist... I may have to look at the code and see about bypassing that operation on remotes.

Bob L