Close

Default SSDs and TRIM - some interesting info

Currently using:
    T43p Thinkpad w/XP SP3 for FOH, Subs and Front Fill Mixes (20% CPU load);
    T500 Thinkpad w/Win7 SP1 for 6 Monitor Mixes (15% CPU load)
    Running at 2x32
    2 Digifaces, 1 w/CardBus, 1 w/ExpressCard
    3-Octamic-D for mic inputs - using the dual outputs to split the ADAT signal to the Digifaces;
    1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all FOH sends; 1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all Monitor sends;

2. Default Re: SSDs and TRIM - some interesting info

TRIM support is nice to have, though for a SAC rig I don't deem it to be a deal breaker. If you're only using SSD for the boot drive, which is what I'm sure most of us are doing, then the only additional data being written to the drive are SAC mix session save files, which are quite small.

We have SAW recording to an external 3.5" USB drive.

If you're running SSD with XP, I would also suggest following this little guide on making XP more SSD friendly.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...o-SSD-friendly

Default Re: SSDs and TRIM - some interesting info

According to ocz the sand force controllers do a good job of taking care of themselves even without trim support.

Default Re: SSDs and TRIM - some interesting info

Am I missing something? This seems to be nothing more than a bug fix report.

Thumbs up Re: SSDs and TRIM - some interesting info

Quote Originally Posted by 905shmick View Post

If you're running SSD with XP, I would also suggest following this little guide on making XP more SSD friendly.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...o-SSD-friendly
    Thank You for the link, I should have thought of turning off drive cashe myself, must be getting old. I did set my nlite copy of xp to prefetch boot only. Is that wrong? The dam thing boots faster than any xp system I have ever seen 11sec. fsutil.exe & dskcache.exe are great utilities thanks!

Ned
    SAC AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE oc 3.5ghz, 2gig ddr3, Msi 880GM-E43, RME HDSP 9652, 3 ADA8000, xppro sp3, buffers 1x64

SACRemote [1] HP DC5750s AMD Athlon 64 x2 2.3ghz, 2gig ddr2, Dual screens, 3 BCF2000, xppro sp3

SACRemote [2] Acer C312 convertible tablet P4m 1.7ghz 1.25gig ddr2, xppro sp3