Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: OK, so here's a dumb VSTi question...

All of the audio processing takes place on the host machine. The remotes are simply control interfaces that let multiple people control the host machine at the same time, so you need to load the plugins on the host.
    Last edited by Paul Henry; 01-06-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Default Re: OK, so here's a dumb VSTi question...

Thanks for the quick response, Paul. So, independent mixing for different purposes is not possible? The audio feed that I share is only able to get the EQ and dynamics processing done from the FOH start mix? For example, if I EQ the drums for the live-stream I am changing EQ settings for FOH as well? Let's say the house engineer EQ's the drums suitable for the house PA and is out of kilter for my use in the live stream. I cannot EQ the same drums separately from a split source?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhofer View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, Paul. So, independent mixing for different purposes is not possible? The audio feed that I share is only able to get the EQ and dynamics processing done from the FOH start mix? For example, if I EQ the drums for the live-stream I am changing EQ settings for FOH as well? Let's say the house engineer EQ's the drums suitable for the house PA and is out of kilter for my use in the live stream. I cannot EQ the same drums separately from a split source?
    If you are both making adjustments on the FOH mixer, then what you do effects FOH and what FOH does effects the live stream. What you should be doing is setting up one of the Monitor Mixers as your live stream mixer.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Thanks, Angie! This is what we are doing now; Monitor 24 is called Studio. However, I cannot get the URS plugins loaded into the VST folder (without a subfolder) to affect the signal. Any suggestions?

Bobby,

You do not have to take the monitor mixers tap from Pst Eq/Dyn... you can get the tap at the SRC PreA if you want for Mixer 24... that would give you raw audio from the source mics... each mixer can get any one of multiple taps... so some can be raw... some can include some of the FOH processing... etc.

You can also patch plugins on any one mixer and this processing will not affect FOH or the other mixers... The plugins must be patched on the host in order to affect the signal.... if you also install the plugins on the remote and they behave properly, you can pop them up on the remote... adjust settings and then right-click the blue pyramid icon to transmit the changes to the host.

Bob L

I cannot thank you enough for the help. I spent a couple hours with it this evening and realized that I the metering in the URS plugs do not display real-time and the changes do not affect the audio until I click the blue triangle (update host). I have it all working well on the remote and I now understand the process. The CPU does not take much of a hit until I introduce the URS N (Neve 1073) EQ which increase the CPU load by about 4-5% for one instance, but it sounds amazing so I can deal. Thanks again for all of your replies. Have a great day!!