Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Latches, and monitor mixers

On my FOH mixer, I have a latch created on SAC Out 1 and Out 2 (one is sub, one is mains)...

This latch appears to cascade through to the monitor mixers, which while isn't a huge deal, isn't what I want...

Is there a way to have a latch on the FOH, but not the monitor mixers?

For clarity, I am speaking of latch groups, not outputs 9-24.

mm0

Default Re: Latches, and monitor mixers

Channel latches and groups are currently universal. There are several requests on the lists that alter this behavior in different ways. When and how one is implemented is up to Bob. This type of thing does increase the number of variables stored and recalled, and does not seem to be a minor change, so you just have to work with it the best you can.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

no big deal. I am not needing the extra output for anything, it's just a visual thing.

My 'workaround' so far has been to push out 1 on the monitor mixer all the way up, and the out 2 fader all the way down (using the alt key). then the out 2 doesn't move when I move the out 1 fader under normal usage.

mm0

Latches independent and across mixers will be part of hopefully the next update along with the Monitor View which will be used to help select chans across mixers.

For now... you can set your FOH masters as a RVS latch and if and when you need to adjust the FOH master level with the sub, press the Alt-Key to link them together.

In this way... when you switch mixers and operate master out controls individually the latch will not be there.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    along with the Monitor View which will be used to help select chans across mixers.
    Does this mean that latching across mixers would be allowed? If so..
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

6. Default Re: Latches, and monitor mixers

Hi Bob...will the upcoming monitor view (or some other way) make it possible to copy an entire monitor mixers settings to another monitor mixer. I often need to set up another mixer that is just slightly different from an existing mixer. This feature would really speed up the workflow. Thanks...Mike

7. Default Re: Latches, and monitor mixers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Roam View Post
    Hi Bob...will the upcoming monitor view (or some other way) make it possible to copy an entire monitor mixers settings to another monitor mixer. I often need to set up another mixer that is just slightly different from an existing mixer. This feature would really speed up the workflow. Thanks...Mike
    You can already do this.

See page 29 of the manual.

http://softwareaudioconsole.com/down...Manual_SAC.pdf

"[Right-Clicking] in the Current Mixer zone will display a popup menu of options for duplicating sections of mixers to other mixers."

8. Default Re: Latches, and monitor mixers

Yes, I realize that...but what I'm asking for is the ability to copy the entire mixer in one click...Mike
    Last edited by Mike Roam; 01-06-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: mistake

Yes... I am adding a Copy To option alongside the Duplicate From...

Bob L

10. Default Re: Latches, and monitor mixers

Great!...thanks Bob

I also wanted to suggest "copy this mixer to:" with checkboxes for multiple mixers. This way you can set up one mixer with FX sends, etc, and copy it to multiple mixers for IEM's.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Roam; 01-06-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: additional content