Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Latches, and monitor mixers

with the words 'monitor view' and 'next update' appearing in the same post from Bob my little black heart started going pitter patter
    Ramsey
    Kingsnake Sound Company
    Host:1U Supermicro rack case/I5-3570K/ASUS Sabertooth Z77/8GB Ram, 32GB SATA flash OS drive/250GB SATA storage drive/DVD-RW/HP1U KVM/DLink DIR-655 WirelessN OS: Win7 I/O: MOTU PCIx-424, 3x MOTU 2408mk3, 9xADA8000 Plugs:RML Levelizer,SAWverb; DualLinkwitzRileyFilter; Voxengo Gliss; ReaXcomp; Dominion; + testing others
    Typical Show:24-40 Channel, 4-8 mixes+sidefill, Stereo FOH+SAW multitracking
    Buffer & load: 2x32, 25-55% depending

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Roam View Post
    Great!...thanks Bob

I also wanted to suggest "copy this mixer to:" with checkboxes for multiple mixers. This way you can set up one mixer with FX sends, etc, and copy it to multiple mixers for IEM's.

Mike
    I think that might be what Bob was suggesting. Hopefully we're also getting a full mixer copy option that duplicates output routing and output channel assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Roam View Post
    Great!...thanks Bob

I also wanted to suggest "copy this mixer to:" with checkboxes for multiple mixers. This way you can set up one mixer with FX sends, etc, and copy it to multiple mixers for IEM's.

Mike
    I'm testing SAC at this moment and this is really something I mis. Now I need to setup all by hand or for every monitor mix(er) I need to do several copy actions. Most of the the time the channel layout do not differ from the other so this should speedup the basic configuration. Add this moment you can copy a lot but for example, the aux sends settings, are not taken so I need to do them afterwards by hand on all mixers to set from pre to post.

In most cases you are not needing to use the aux sends on the monitor mixers... you can save time and cpu by just tapping the reverbs from the FOH or Mon 1 mixer.

Bob L

Thanks, I can understand it will save CPU power.
    So test driving is not that bad at all before going live.