Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: New small SAC rig (with pictures)...

Mine are 6071-B7G and 6089-A1G, currently not in stock indeed. As they sell refurbished machines, their stock changes all the time. Check again every now and then.
    --
    El cheapo SAC host V1.0: Lenovo - C2D E6550 - 2GB RAM - RME Digiface
    El cheapo SAC host V2.0: Fujitsu - i3-6300 - 8GB RAM - RME Digiface USB - (3) ADA8200 - 17" TFT

2. Default Re: New small SAC rig (with pictures)...

Quote Originally Posted by AntonZ View Post
    Mine are 6071-B7G and 6089-A1G, currently not in stock indeed. As they sell refurbished machines, their stock changes all the time. Check again every now and then.

Here is one on ebay, but it has a smaller C2D CPU-->

http://www.ebay.de/itm/PC-IBM-LENOVO...item4843f2ac32

3. Default Re: New small SAC rig (with pictures)...

Quote Originally Posted by Wurst Werner View Post
    Here is one on ebay, but it has a smaller C2D CPU-->

http://www.ebay.de/itm/PC-IBM-LENOVO...item4843f2ac32
    I might pick one up. If the cpu is too slow I can always buy a faster 775 socket cpu like the e8500. I want to built a 16 channel i/o system so 1 pci slot might be enough if I only use the main card of the 9652. Thanks for the info guys.

4. Default Re: New small SAC rig (with pictures)...

Quote Originally Posted by Rein View Post
    I might pick one up. If the cpu is too slow I can always buy a faster 775 socket cpu like the e8500. I want to built a 16 channel i/o system so 1 pci slot might be enough if I only use the main card of the 9652. Thanks for the info guys.
    Since you're limited to a single slot, you could always use a different interface like the Motu PCI-424 + Motu 2408.

I wish I knew about the Lenovo USFF was out there in the wild for cheap, before I went and build an i5 system. That's still not bad for a backup box.

Quote Originally Posted by solarex View Post
    I wish I knew about the Lenovo USFF was out there in the wild for cheap, before I went and build an i5 system. That's still not bad for a backup box.
    Watch out for models that have vertical half height card slots. Ensure you're buying the horizontal slot version... Been there, ended up stripping all the components out and building into a new rack mount case with a new motherboard....

I still have a SFF IBM that has been repurposed for multitrack recording for another board. It has been a great little machine...
    Steven.
    www.diablosoundhire.com
    --------------------------------------------------
    SAC Host: Rack mount PC with Intel E7400 Core 2 Duo, RME HDSP9652 soundcard. 3 x M-Audio Profire 2626 preamps. Main SAC Remote: Toshiba Tecra laptop with Intel T7600 Core 2 Duo CPU (Doubles up for use as back up host via FW to Profire).
    3 x CM Labs Motor Mix control surfaces.
    SAC Wireless 'wander the room / stage' Remote: Asus EeePC HA1101 Netbook.

Regarding the ADAT extender:
    Sorry, I'm a little slow today: so for the 32 channel kit (ADX-32B), does it comes with the transmitter (foh) and the receiver(stage side); or I have to buy two of the ADX-32B units to make this work?

8. Default Re: New small SAC rig (with pictures)...

Quote Originally Posted by solarex View Post
    Regarding the ADAT extender:
    Sorry, I'm a little slow today: so for the 32 channel kit (ADX-32B), does it comes with the transmitter (foh) and the receiver(stage side); or I have to buy two of the ADX-32B units to make this work?
    Correct - you'll need two ADX.

9. Default Re: New small SAC rig (with pictures)...

Quote Originally Posted by 905shmick View Post
    Since you're limited to a single slot, you could always use a different interface like the Motu PCI-424 + Motu 2408.
    Used Motu gear is not widely available and a RME hdsp 9652 can be bought for €200 used or even less.
    I just bought a Lenovo from the link WurstWerner shared. the E4600 cpu is only lacking 5% performance compared to the E6550 in AntonZ's en Wurst's Lenovo's but it has a bigger hdd and 2gb ram and I might be upgrading the cpu to a Q9550 or E8500.

Quote Originally Posted by Rein View Post
    Used Motu gear is not widely available and a RME hdsp 9652 can be bought for €200 used or even less.
    I just bought a Lenovo from the link WurstWerner shared. the E4600 cpu is only lacking 5% performance compared to the E6550 in AntonZ's en Wurst's Lenovo's but it has a bigger hdd and 2gb ram and I might be upgrading the cpu to a Q9550 or E8500.
    Go for the newer Pentium E6000 series. All the performance at lower cost. The Q is unnecessary.