Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: Freeware and donateware plugins

Christian Budde's Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin
    --
    El cheapo SAC host V1.0: Lenovo - C2D E6550 - 2GB RAM - RME Digiface
    El cheapo SAC host V2.0: Fujitsu - i3-6300 - 8GB RAM - RME Digiface USB - (3) ADA8200 - 17" TFT

There are so many delay plugins that would be instantly usable live if SAC had a tempo buss like all the DAW's do.

SAC isn't a DAW... there is no timeline.

Bob L

You can use my free delay plugin that comes with SAC... it has a tap control.

Bob L

If the band is playing to tracks locking them into a pre-defined tempo, then you can preset scenes to change the delay to that tempo for each song... SAW could send a scene change to SAC at the start of each song.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    SAC isn't a DAW... there is no timeline.

Bob L
    Not concerned about a timeline, other than what's live in realtime, so yes you do have a timeline, it's just always running.

I'm sure I don't understand how the tempo is handled in a DAW, but DAW's are able to communicate a user adjustable value that plugins are able to use for timing of delays and other effects. In Reaper you can even tap out that tempo. It may not be 1:1 translation into realtime, but I'd expect some translation could be made so that a tap button at the top of the SAC interface could set a tempo that plugins could use.

Also, If SAC can generate SMPTE timecode, I guess don't see why it couldn't create some virtual timeline that a plugin could sync to.

Well... I guess I can look into the idea... I just never considered a live console setting a tempo... so I never did the code.

Bob L

actually, that would be pretty cool...if we could use one tap point to update the tempo on all plugins...not so much a tempo track like in a DAW, but just one centralized place to set tempo.

I get it that no hardware consoles have this feature...but this isn't a hardware device, so why not???

mm0

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Well... I guess I can look into the idea... I just never considered a live console setting a tempo... so I never did the code.

Bob L
    Thanks. I can understand but SAC really is a different paradigm, outside of the Venue consoles, using mostly studio oriented plugins for live work.