Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

thanks for the answers, then ill wait some time.
    Sac monitor system/ Lenovo T400 8400 core2duo 2,4Mhz with 4Gb ram. RME Fireface 800 64x2 buffer. 2x behringer ADA8000, one behringer 8 chan. phone amp. 2 iem300 in ear sets all with fischeramp beltpacks in a 6 HE case, behringer BCR2000 for monitor mix

2. Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

Quote Originally Posted by AntonZ View Post
    It's a dual core Pentium rather then a Core2 processor.
    pardon my ignorance, whats the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    pardon my ignorance, whats the difference?
    The Pentium dual core is a predecessor to the core 2 duo. It draws a lot of power and generate lots of heat.

4. Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

Quote Originally Posted by solarex View Post
    Christian: Yes I do. I also have a bad unit that I haven't got around to repair the power supply cap that went bad. I intended on linking them for a 16ch. control surface.

Did you try this-->

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...8&postcount=11

I'm curious, if you're M55 behaves like mine, if you constantly changing views and simultaniously move some faders on the BCF2000. I had to shut down one core, to make it stable.

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Wurst Werner View Post
    Did you try this-->

I'm curious, if you're M55 behaves like mine, if you constantly changing views and simultaniously move some faders on the BCF2000. I had to shut down one core, to make it stable.

Christian
    I will test that with the BCF. Will report back.

6. Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

My M57 had a C2D e4600 cpu and I already changed that for a e8500 and it runs fine. The Lenovo cpu cooler isn't as good as a stock Intel cooler (for example) due to it's small size but it stays around 36 degrees C idle (room temperature is 21 C), with both cores enabled. I want to stress test the system this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rein View Post
    My M57 had a C2D e4600 cpu and I already changed that for a e8500 and it runs fine. The Lenovo cpu cooler isn't as good as a stock Intel cooler (for example) due to it's small size but it stays around 36 degrees C idle (room temperature is 21 C), with both cores enabled. I want to stress test the system this weekend.
    The M57 is about a year newer, and will take the E7xx and E8xx; the M55 will stop at the bios with error. There may be newer bios for the M55 that probably will allow these procs.
    Last edited by solarex; 02-21-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Did you try this-->

Christian
    Christian: I did the test on my M55 box and I didn't experience any artifacts that you mentioned. I tested this with and without /onecpu option. The test was done with 24-inputs and 5-mon, load was at 83%; the load did spike to 95% during fast view switching, but it did not get any slip buffer nor crashes.

9. Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

Wow - that's good to hear and thanks for sharing. Maybe your M55 is more suitable for SACin'.
    My 55 has this code: "6089-A1G" (it normaly printed on the right corner of the frontside), what code do you have?
    I mean, mine is 100% stable now, but it runs perfectly only in one specific combination of stetting. Maybe other M55/57s do not need so much tweaking...

Wow - that's good to hear and thanks for sharing. Maybe your M55 is more suitable for SACin'.
    My 55 has this code: "6089-A1G" (it normaly printed on the right corner of the frontside), what code do you have?
    I mean, mine is 100% stable now, but it runs perfectly only in one specific combination of stetting. Maybe other M55/57s do not need so much tweaking...
    I have the M55 8807 DRU