Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

Quote Originally Posted by solarex View Post
    I have the M55 8807 DRU
    Good to know - thanksĀ°!

2. Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

Christian: I did the test on my M55 box and I didn't experience any artifacts that you mentioned. I tested this with and without /onecpu option. The test was done with 24-inputs and 5-mon, load was at 83%; the load did spike to 95% during fast view switching, but it did not get any slip buffer nor crashes.
    are these percentages cpu or buffer times?

Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    are these percentages cpu or buffer times?
    SAC engine load value

4. Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

SAC engine load value
    do u know what % the cpu is running at?

solarex,
    why didn't your 324 card work? voltage or size?
    Ken
    Intel P4 3.0 4gb Ram
    Motu 2408 X 2
    Ada 8000 X1
    8 channels of Seventh Circle Preamps

Quote Originally Posted by mixer100 View Post
    solarex,
    why didn't your 324 card work? voltage or size?
    Ken
    physically--the card fit just fine, just the system wouldn't detect the card. Forced drivers install didn't work either, because the hardware was not connected. I believe the issue is at the motherboard PCi chipset level.

PCI Post Writes

Ralhop - there is currently an M57 E7200 model on the Itsco site. Costs a bit more than my E6550, does get you a higher clock speed. It appears to have one full height PCI slot.
    --
    El cheapo SAC host V1.0: Lenovo - C2D E6550 - 2GB RAM - RME Digiface
    El cheapo SAC host V2.0: Fujitsu - i3-6300 - 8GB RAM - RME Digiface USB - (3) ADA8200 - 17" TFT

Hello Anton,

Thanks to keep an eye open for me , i'm not sure if I take the desktop or the laptop version for 100 euro more I can get a nice lenovo laptop on the Itsco site that I can easy replace for my laptop now without changing my sac rig, but on the other hand if I look at your and Christians rig I like to build a new one.

on my studioPC I try how mutch power I have to use on live
    I use now Guitar rig for our guitarist in his signal chain that he can switch on and of because SAC can´t switch the effects by midi.
    and we try to use Adictive Drums to midi trigger hour drums for inear monitoring because of no mic bleeding only OH for Hihat and chimes.

how is your SAC rig running with your band are there also more demands from other band members?
    Last edited by ralhop; 04-10-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Sac monitor system/ Lenovo T400 8400 core2duo 2,4Mhz with 4Gb ram. RME Fireface 800 64x2 buffer. 2x behringer ADA8000, one behringer 8 chan. phone amp. 2 iem300 in ear sets all with fischeramp beltpacks in a 6 HE case, behringer BCR2000 for monitor mix

Quote Originally Posted by ralhop View Post
    Hello Anton,

Thanks to keep an eye open for me , i'm not sure if I take the desktop or the laptop version for 100 euro more I can get a nice lenovo laptop on the Itsco site that I can easy replace for my laptop now without changing my sac rig, but on the other hand if I look at your and Christians rig I like to build a new one.

on my studioPC I try how mutch power I have to use on live
    I use now Guitar rig for our guitarist in his signal chain that he can switch on and of because SAC canĀ“t switch the effects by midi.
    and we try to use Adictive Drums to midi trigger hour drums for inear monitoring because of no mic bleeding only OH for Hihat and chimes.

how is your SAC rig running with your band are there also more demands from other band members?
    I don't get to use it often currently - one band is on the backburner because of a hernia (sax player - playing alto or tenor doesn't go well with a hernia). The other somewhat similar, lost singer and keys player due to health and family issues. So my SAC rig doesn't come out often. I do use it for the kids' school every now and then. Christmas, annual school musical, those kind of things. And I record a bit at home. The little Lenovo works very well for me.

Modern laptops are not far behind in processing power but RAM (memory) access speed may be slower. And drivers can be an issue if you want to run XP. Newer laptops typically lack XP drivers for some of their hardware.
    --
    El cheapo SAC host V1.0: Lenovo - C2D E6550 - 2GB RAM - RME Digiface
    El cheapo SAC host V2.0: Fujitsu - i3-6300 - 8GB RAM - RME Digiface USB - (3) ADA8200 - 17" TFT