Close

Post Minor Feature Request

This is really minor, but it would be helpful if a channel template store/recall included both the assigned name and preferably the selected color.
    Don

Asus PQ5E, Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz, 4Gb DDR2 1000 RAM, XP Pro SP3, RME RayDAT, 4 x ADA8000, WNDR3700

Sometimes the dragon wins...

Default Re: Minor Feature Request

+1
    X32 Behringer + 2 x S16, Plugins Waves, Nomad, Lexicon on PC Win 7 + LiveProfessor.
    1 remote laptop HpPavilion Core duo P7550 + 4go + Windows 7 pro 64bits.
    1 remote laptop Acer Ferrari 3000 Athlon XP M 2500 + 1.5go + windows xp pro 32bits.

I'll suggest the name is less helpful than you think.

Example, I've got 6 vocal channels. I typically wire and lay them out by position viewed from FOH. Vocal LL, Vocal L, Vocal LC, Vocal RC, Vocal R, Vocal RR or something like that, maybe just Vocal 1-6 depends on how I feel. I haven't found it all that useful to store a channel file for a specific singer so I just have a vocal male and vocal female file that presets the low cut at 130 or 200, has some preset dynamic timings and routes to a vocal subgroup I usually have setup to do a touch of buss compression if needed. Anymore I actually just recall the one template across all the channels since the low-cut is the only difference and I roll it even higher for a husky voiced female or male that's swallowing the mic.
    That process looks like a quick drag across the top to select 6 vocal channels, pick your poison to get the channel recall menu, recall file to all selected. Changing the channel color BTW is two more mouse clicks.

The drums are even more pointless since I have a set of presets I recall that grab based on the already assigned channel names. Ctrl-click and quickly type in Kick, Snare, Hats, Floor Tom, Mid Tom, High Tom, Overhead L, Overhead R. Recall the channels from the file in my drum preset subdirectory and everything recalls matching file name to channel name.

So, say you had a line up of vocals you usually name, Tom, Harry, Joe, Jane and you had presets for them. Then the most expedient method is to quickly type names that match your channel files, select all the vocals and recall one channel out of a location containing files for the whole set. SAC will auto-match the channel files based on the channel names and save you 3 additional channel file recall steps. Don't know about you, but I type much faster than I can recall files with the mouse and can layout my channel naming within 30-60 seconds for a typical band setup.

Nice tip, George, thanks! I don't know how I missed that in the manual.
    Don

Asus PQ5E, Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz, 4Gb DDR2 1000 RAM, XP Pro SP3, RME RayDAT, 4 x ADA8000, WNDR3700

Sometimes the dragon wins...

5. Default Re: Minor Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by gdougherty View Post

So, say you had a line up of vocals you usually name, Tom, Harry, Joe, Jane and you had presets for them. Then the most expedient method is to quickly type names that match your channel files, select all the vocals and recall one channel out of a location containing files for the whole set. SAC will auto-match the channel files based on the channel names and save you 3 additional channel file recall steps. Don't know about you, but I type much faster than I can recall files with the mouse and can layout my channel naming within 30-60 seconds for a typical band setup.
    great tip george,,thnx