Close

Default Scenes and plugins

Hello,
    I work with a band and we prepare a new tour. For each song, I create a scene memory. In each scene, I load new plugins in Return Aux Masters. Initially, six plugins have their windows open. If I change the scene, the 6 plugin’s windows are closed and I have to reopen one by one. If in two scenes, I use the same plugin, the window remains open. How can I do, I tried with Fkey, but it does not work.
    X32 Behringer + 2 x S16, Plugins Waves, Nomad, Lexicon on PC Win 7 + LiveProfessor.
    1 remote laptop HpPavilion Core duo P7550 + 4go + Windows 7 pro 64bits.
    1 remote laptop Acer Ferrari 3000 Athlon XP M 2500 + 1.5go + windows xp pro 32bits.

Default Re: Scenes and plugins

Plugin windows are not controlled in F-Keys.

Not sure why you would change 6 plugins for every song... but if you are just changing the settings and not changing to different plugins, you can do that within the scenes without having the plugins close and re-open.

Bob L

If you did the same manually, all the plugins would close as you removed them and re-added them. Scenes don't magically get around this. Limit the scenes to what you actually need to change and it might work. Do you need to be tweaking the fx after the scene change so that it's really a problem?

I have plugins in the Aux Masters, just like you would have outboard FX units in Racks. They stay the same for the whole night (and for all future shows for that band). The setting change, just like in an outboard rack. I fidn it easier to think of this way. The plugins (FX units) are like a palette of colors that I paint in various amounts onto the canvas of each song in varying amounts and textures. I also have some specific plugins that are added to individual channels. The main band I work with does a few current hits that have Autotune as an effect (not to correct crappy singing). On those songs the scene activates (unbypasses) Autotune and sets the correct scale and other parameters. On every other song it is bypassed. On one of the guitars I have the Studio Delay patched in with very short, different delays to give a more stereo perspective. Parameters and bypass can be controlled via scene changes. The beauty of SAC is that there ore so many options on how to do any variation of these ideas that you can think of.