Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got Wood??? This new shade does! FINAL VERSION

A woody shade with elements of my AutoShade and SAWstudio***8217;s Original Vintage.

Stick a FORK in it.
    I'll LEAF it up to someone else to port this to SAC.
    I have to stop messing with this shade before it drives me NUTS.

This final GotWood update includes bevels on all buttons, panels and readouts
    in the Zoom, Full and Wide mixer views.

All of my shades can be downloaded for free here:
    http://backfortystudios.com/index-2/shades-2/

Thanks and enjoy!
    Last edited by brando; 04-27-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: updated/improved shade

Default Re: Got Wood??? This new shade does!

Very nice, especially the tape measure.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

3. Default Re: Got Wood??? This new shade does!

Hi Brando;

It does look very good and I like using wood shades. The only comment I have is that the square that shows the position of the sliders in the EQ section is quite dark and may bother some people who like give a quick glance to see graphically how the EQ sliders are set.

Perhaps brightening up the 5 sliders would help.

Thanks for the shade. I wish I had the patience to do that.

Thanks guys!

Beagle- I agree with your assessment of the eq sliders. I have an idea which will provide better contrast while tying in to the wood theme a little better. I'll try to post an updated shade within the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by brando View Post
    Thanks guys!

Beagle- I agree with your assessment of the eq sliders. I have an idea which will provide better contrast while tying in to the wood theme a little better. I'll try to post an updated shade within the next few days.
    Nice shade - to go in my all wood paneled studio!
    You might also try looking at getting a more finely (zoomed out) section of paneling for the MT top transport area. The buttons seem to sit on a 'picture' rather than 'in the wood'.
    I really like throughout the Z mixer!
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    You might also try looking at getting a more finely (zoomed out) section of paneling for the MT top transport area. The buttons seem to sit on a 'picture' rather than 'in the wood'.
    That's a tough area to work on... lots of controls jammed into a tight space. It would involve a complete rework of that window and i'm not sure i am up to that... especially since i've already started on my newest shade
    But, if you (or anyone else) wants to alter/improve any of my shades, i'm cool with that.

Beagle - Here's the revised shade... thanks for the suggestion

8. Default Re: Got Wood??? This new shade does!

Brando.. any chance of getting this shade for SAC... I REALLY like the look of this

Quote Originally Posted by brando View Post
    That's a tough area to work on... lots of controls jammed into a tight space. It would involve a complete rework of that window and i'm not sure i am up to that... especially since i've already started on my newest shade
    But, if you (or anyone else) wants to alter/improve any of my shades, i'm cool with that.
    I may play with it in the summer - I realize it would take some time.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

brettbrandon Guest

Here's a couple bmp's for the MT Window.