Close

Default BFD2=No sound when used as a plugin with SS

Hi
    I just installed BFD2 a few days ago and have been creating grooves in stand alone mode, no problems there. When I insert it on a track in SS, It looks as if the audio is streaming, but no luck with sound output? I did manage to have it working for a bit yesterday, not sure how, then it stopped again. I have the latest version of BFD2 2.3.0.38 and the latest ASIO drivers from Lynx. This is my first venture into drum programming (having been drumming for 30 years, that's the easier part) it's getting this to work in SS that has me baffled. I just need to be able to play back this groove for a session tonight. Just bass and guitar recorded with the drum track. Not using any midi controllers, just grooves I wrote in BFD2. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Mike

Default Re: BFD2=No sound when used as a plugin with SS

Did you assign Outputs? (little blue triangle, click there)

How are you playing the grooves..you may need to turn on live mode ("L" or R-Click the triangle on the plugin)

RU using MidiWorkshop? Assignments all kosher? (Inputs on plugin, Midi OUT on MWS Track and in settings)
    Erik Friedlander
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.erikfriedlander.com

Thanks for the reply! Not using MWS, just SS. Have to play with it more when I get back into the studio. I don't think it was in live mode when I did have it working for a bit. I exported the audio in stand alone mode in BDF2 for the session, (then loaded the individual tracks into SS) and it worked fine for that particular song. Definitely want it to work within SS though.

Thanks Again!
    Mike

SAW will not allow you to generate sound from a VST without SAW's engine running. So, either Live Mode or play/record.
    Erik Friedlander
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.erikfriedlander.com