Close

1. Default Pre vs Post vs Aux

using a tool such as Amplitube 3 should one decide to place the plugin on Pre, Post or Aux for recording latency? SAC has been tested and is great but wondered what are the foibles of using inside the multitrack? I tested and Post appears to be bit better but you get full output of plugin and see that the actual line-in of record meter is lower. Aux seemed to test OK too. Which are the recommended use and why? Strictly speaking latency-wise. Using ASIO drivers of sound card at 2x64 currently. It also appears matching in/out settings is best.

Default Re: Pre vs Post vs Aux

Quote Originally Posted by AcousticGlue View Post
    using a tool such as Amplitube 3 should one decide to place the plugin on Pre, Post or Aux for recording latency? SAC has been tested and is great but wondered what are the foibles of using inside the multitrack? I tested and Post appears to be bit better but you get full output of plugin and see that the actual line-in of record meter is lower. Aux seemed to test OK too. Which are the recommended use and why? Strictly speaking latency-wise. Using ASIO drivers of sound card at 2x64 currently. It also appears matching in/out settings is best.
    I wouldn't think there would be any differences between the various patch-in points, latency-wise. At the risk of sounding pragmatic, why not try it and see for yourself?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts