Close

Default Cursor Visability Questions.

I like to edit with the horizontal zoom level set to 512 samples per pixel which yields incremental seconds display on the timeline. This has always worked well with older desktops and 23 inch HD monitors. Recently treated ourselves to a Costco priced HP dv7-6c43cl laptop which has really nice specs, 17" screen; but an onboard Intel graphics processor. At the 512 MT and Sound File zoom levels the moving cursor virtually disappears. At 1024 and above the moving cursor remains visible. Would greatly appreciate suggestions on making the moving cursor visible at 512.

Thank you.

Ed

Default Re: Cursor Visability Questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Snape View Post
    I like to edit with the horizontal zoom level set to 512 samples per pixel which yields incremental seconds display on the timeline. This has always worked well with older desktops and 23 inch HD monitors. Recently treated ourselves to a Costco priced HP dv7-6c43cl laptop which has really nice specs, 17" screen; but an onboard Intel graphics processor. At the 512 MT and Sound File zoom levels the moving cursor virtually disappears. At 1024 and above the moving cursor remains visible. Would greatly appreciate suggestions on making the moving cursor visible at 512.

Thank you.

Ed
    Ed -- just checking -- have you done the recommended Win 7 tweaks for SAW? I know I had disappearing cursor issues before I did.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Ed -- just checking -- have you done the recommended Win 7 tweaks for SAW? I know I had disappearing cursor issues before I did.
    No Dave, I have not. I will follow up on that pronto. Thanks

No Dave, I have not. I will follow up on that pronto. Thanks
    Border padding and/or 'aero' interface toys was/were the culprit in my case, FWIW.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Did the tweaks.The moving cursor is now clearly visible.Thanks Dave.

Ed

Did the tweaks.The moving cursor is now clearly visible.Thanks Dave.

Ed
    My pleasure. I had the disappearing cursor thing at all zoom levels, I think. You were 'lucky'.
    Becket, Massachusetts