Close

Default SACLink mixer response lag

I am using SAC and SAWLite with the SAC Link activated.

I noticed that when operating the Mixer in SAW (mute, fader etc) the response of the audio lags behind my changes. I am getting what feels like about a 250ms lag.

I tested this by soloing a channel and muting/unmuting it. The audo and meters (in SAW) lag behind my activating the mute/unmute by about 250ms.

When I turn off the SAC Link and activate the mixer controls, the audio and meters response is instantaneous.

There is no latency issue when overdubbing and monitoring SAW through SACLink. There is only a response lag when using the SAW mixer controls. (the control doesnt lag, only the response of the audio and meters.)

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or do I just need to turn off the SAC Link when mixing?

Russell
    (The ANALog mixer has been in the van for a year straight now... just in case.)

Default Re: SACLink mixer response lag

When the SACLink is engaged, SAW is set to about 8 buffers at 1024... so the latency will be noticable... but the idea of the SACLink is that you are using SAC at that time as the console which will exhibit the realtime latency of the lower buffer settings.

If you want realtime latency in SAW, then set its buffers low and do not use SAC... then the SAW mixer acts as the realtime latency function...

For editing and mixing, the slight latency of soloing and such generally causes no problems because it really does not matter... you should be using automation and writing in such moves... and they will happen at sample accuracy.

Bob L