Close

Thread: help file

Default help file

I have yet to be able to read the help files in SAW as they won't open on my computer. Windows 7....is there something I can download to make them work?thanks

Default Re: help file

For some reason Microsoft decided to remove the winhlp32.exe file and replace it with a stub program stopping users from being able to read millions of existing helpfiles.

You can replace that file from an XP machine... just copy it over to the Win 7 machine and you can read the older helpfile formats.

The file is in the main Windows folder... in Win 7, you will first have to take ownership of the file and change the security rites for the administrators to have full access... then you can rename the file or delete it and replace it with the XP file.

Otherwise... you can download the pdf manual and use that instead.

Bob L

Thanks for the link.

I use the PDF manual, but I was watching video by Micro and the help file looked like it might have some additional info.

The info is the same... the pdf manual is generated by the same source data file.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The info is the same... the pdf manual is generated by the same source data file.

Bob L
    Come on, throw me a bone.....there could have been some deep dark secrets in the help file!! But it's handy to have it right there in the program.
    Got it working!