Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Need to put together a new system... today...

Quote Originally Posted by Wink0r View Post
    I run a Gigabyte board with RealTek networking, I am fairly sure, in my rig without problem. It is now three years old and E8500 based, but with RealTek networking. Do you have another card slot available for your Motu card, and if so have you tried another slot? I seem to recall that that has made a difference at times for others.
    Only one slot. Both are on virtual IRQs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattseymour View Post
    Worth lookin to get drivers from Realtek
    I looked, couldn't find anything.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

What's the board?

Eureka! I finally found some updated drivers direct from Realtek. This slowed the slipped buffers down to one every minute instead of one every five seconds. I remembered that I had it on 2x32, so I reduced to 1x64 (I had been running at 1x128 so it's still an improvement!) and it stabilized. I ran it for about eight hours today while loading into the venue for next week and ran around with the laptop all day, disconnecting, reconnecting, tweaking, using VNC... no slipped buffers.

I feel a ton better about going live with this on Monday. It's too bad there's no emoticon for "relieved."

So here's the whole setup... it's the first time I've had it all together, actually. I rebuilt the racks and PC into a rack-mount case last year this time, but didn't get some of the amps until after the event. The only thing missing now is the bottom amp in the monitor rack, which is in repair. Turns out Peavey IPR3000s can do something like 150 volts at 1k when connected across the human body. My buddy got a tingle off that one.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

I know they're not rider friendly but I do love those peavey ipr amps. Soooo light.

I've never managed to get a MOTU system working reliably at 32 buffers.