Close

Thread: OT: Video files

Default OT: Video files

Just got an external drive that I am supposed to transfer the files and convert to MP4 or MOV from a proprietary Panasonic Camera. Problem! I am not a mac guy and these were transferred from a mac. Originally was an SD card. Question: programs to let my PC "see" the files and get them to my hard drive for conversion. This will be a big project, over 200 short videos
    and the money will be GOOD. any help will be appreciated.
    Steve Lewis
    Mountain View Recording
    Richmond, KY

2. Default Re: OT: Video files

3. Default Re: OT: Video files

Try MacDrive. I use it and it works perfectly to allow a pc user to view files on a Mac formatted drive.

Default Re: OT: Video files

If you can't get it and are around Frankfort Ky. I can transfer them for you on MacBook.

I have MacDrive installed on all of my PCs and format all of my external drives as HFS+ out of old habits. PCs with MacDrive can read and right to Mac formatted drives easier than Mac OS can read (or write) to PC formatted drives ... or at least it used to be that way a few years back.

Soundguy

+1 for macdrive. It's simple to use and reliable.

Thanks to all. 905's link got me going. Been so busy converting I haven't had time to say thanks. Now I have to open an .mst file in Pinnacle and convert to mpg4 or mov. And of course the guy need s it yesterday! Then edit all 40 of the SD card files from a 3 camera shoot. But he told me to buy whatever I needed including a new video computer!

Again THANKS
    Steven Lewis
    Mountain View Recording
    Richmond, KY