Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Any way to "create" extra Aux Sends?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Burger View Post
    Jeff,
    CGRAFX has the link to the Buss extender.
    You are correct it is for S.A.W. but it will work in S.A.C..
    Everyone seems to direct you to good solutions but if your sound person feels she wants more that would provide 8 more.
    There is a little work to make it...
    If you install and change the name to sac from sawstudio there will be a message stating the native data file is not there.
    It will place the bussfader.dll in the SAC native directory.
    You will need to open SAC_FX_Native file in notepad and place bussfader.dll on its own line.
    You MUST hit return before you save.
    And you can place the plugin on a channel pre or post but on the channel you return to must be set FX Src on the input at the top.
    So a little work for what the other options are...

Hope it helps...
    That's great Larry...I gave up after I got the error message.
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

All 4 kicks are mic'd because all 4 are used. The main drummer (BD2) is always playing. The others come and go based on dynamics of the song, and what else they are trying to play at the same time. Each is tuned slightly differently and blend together really nicely. You will note, the don't have holes in them either ... and are being fed back to them in their wedges. It's called having a great monitor guy on the gig. I love mixing these guys.

1 of the verbs is on all the kicks but the main one. 6 more to go....

These guys are the real deal. Takes talent to make 4 kicks line up while playing with that intensity. No problem getting a good vocal level off Gabe.

Quote Originally Posted by JLepore View Post

All 4 kicks are mic'd because all 4 are used. The main drummer (BD2) is always playing. The others come and go based on dynamics of the song, and what else they are trying to play at the same time. Each is tuned slightly differently and blend together really nicely. You will note, the don't have holes in them either ...
    That's what made me wonder. I sometimes mic kicks with no hole from the batter side. I thought the mic's might be props or "placating the artist" (as we sometimes do). Obviously not.

and are being fed back to them in their wedges. It's called having a great monitor guy on the gig. I love mixing these guys.
    When I said "queue off the drummer," I was thinking that BD2 was in all the wedges and then each guy queued off BD2. Just thinking out loud here - please correct me if I'm wrong - but it would seem useless and confusing to have all 4 kicks in all 4 wedges. The only reason I ask is on the way off chance that I ever run into this type of situation, it would be nice to have a heads up of what you guys did for them.

1 of the verbs is on all the kicks but the main one. 6 more to go....

These guys are the real deal. Takes talent to make 4 kicks line up while playing with that intensity. No problem getting a good vocal level off Gabe.
    Yeah...they look like they were an easy band to mix...and outdoors...that's like a wet dream in my world. Great job. The sound is pristine. Thanx for answering my questions.
    Last edited by Donnie Frank; 08-28-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    DF

http://soundaddy.com

Intel DG965OT Motherboard (11/17/08) - Intel P4 LGA-775 651 (Cedar Mill) 3.4GHz CPU
    2.0GB 800Mhz RAM - 40GB Intel X25-V SSD - 500GB SATA "Spinner"

RME HDSP 9652 (x2 - 1 spare) - Behringer ADA8000 (x5 - 2 spares)
    CM MotorMix (x3 - Host system) - Behringer BCF-2000 (Remote system)

What you don't see is the enourmous church (concrete) wall 50 feet from my house left array which acts as a mirror back to the stage. Not quite as easy as you think it is.