Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Dual BCF2000 question

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    I personally load all 4 presets into my BCF units. So any of them could be any one of the 4 possible BCF units. I also removed the programming from the bottom 4 buttons on the right, so it will not jump forward and backward in the channels on it's own.
    I just got my first BCF, and have played with it a bit. Using the Bank switch seems glitchy to me, the BCF faders won't update.

As a test, I loaded up the first 2 Sysex files in Presets 1 & 2, and set SAC to the 16ch template. Flipping between these 2 presets seems to work flawlessly so far, the BCF faders reset to match 1 - 8 or 9 - 16. This method would have the advantage of seeing which fader set you're on by the Preset # on the BCF, unlike the bank method where you'd have to look at the monitor and move a fader if you're not sure - unless I'm missing something.

Has anyone tried this? Would there be any downside to it?

Default Re: Dual BCF2000 question

Quote Originally Posted by tubetonez View Post
    I just got my first BCF, and have played with it a bit. Using the Bank switch seems glitchy to me, the BCF faders won't update.

As a test, I loaded up the first 2 Sysex files in Presets 1 & 2, and set SAC to the 16ch template. Flipping between these 2 presets seems to work flawlessly so far, the BCF faders reset to match 1 - 8 or 9 - 16. This method would have the advantage of seeing which fader set you're on by the Preset # on the BCF, unlike the bank method where you'd have to look at the monitor and move a fader if you're not sure - unless I'm missing something.

Has anyone tried this? Would there be any downside to it?
    It could work except for a couple of downsides:

First you would need to turn off all hardware links, otherwise it could be just as confusing the first time you jump around on the screen, rather than moving the first 8 faders shown on the screen, you would be moving the second or third or forth group of 8 faders. Or worse they might be off the screen. So that's just a simple fix to be aware of.

The bigger issue is I'm not sure SAC would update the faders for you as you jumped between presets. The BCF isn't going to send out any kind of command to request a fader update when you switch presets as far as I know. So that means as you jump between banks SAC might not update the faders. If that is the case this idea would probably be fairly worthless unless you know for certain that you are only going to use the control surface to move your faders. I'd have to check that out and make sure this is the case, but my gut tells me that it is. It would be easy to test though. Just hook up the BCF, go to the 1-8 preset, move some faders, go to the 9-16 preset, move some faders. Now while it's on the 9-16 preset, move some faders on the screen with the mouse on 1-8, then change back to the 1-8 preset on the BCF. If the faders no longer match what is on the screen then my hunch is right.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

3. Default Re: Dual BCF2000 question

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    It could work except for a couple of downsides:

First you would need to turn off all hardware links, otherwise it could be just as confusing the first time you jump around on the screen, rather than moving the first 8 faders shown on the screen, you would be moving the second or third or forth group of 8 faders. Or worse they might be off the screen. So that's just a simple fix to be aware of.

The bigger issue is I'm not sure SAC would update the faders for you as you jumped between presets. The BCF isn't going to send out any kind of command to request a fader update when you switch presets as far as I know. So that means as you jump between banks SAC might not update the faders. If that is the case this idea would probably be fairly worthless unless you know for certain that you are only going to use the control surface to move your faders. I'd have to check that out and make sure this is the case, but my gut tells me that it is. It would be easy to test though. Just hook up the BCF, go to the 1-8 preset, move some faders, go to the 9-16 preset, move some faders. Now while it's on the 9-16 preset, move some faders on the screen with the mouse on 1-8, then change back to the 1-8 preset on the BCF. If the faders no longer match what is on the screen then my hunch is right.
    t

Played with this some more and it appears that you are correct. I hadn't noticed at first that the hot channel moved with the bank switch (hardware links all off). Using the bank up/down on the BCF does seem to refresh the faders to match the on-screen positions.

The preset mode might be a good option for a BE to mix with controller only - at least until I can pick a couple more units ;-)

Ok, I had this working once, but have been unsuccessful ever since. I've never worked with midi before and quite frankly I find the midi ox/yoke thing very confusing. Can somebody please do a simple step by step detailed idiot proof (for my benefit) guide for getting two bcf controllers to work with sac. Please!
    Thank you,
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by mojogil View Post
    Ok, I had this working once, but have been unsuccessful ever since. I've never worked with midi before and quite frankly I find the midi ox/yoke thing very confusing. Can somebody please do a simple step by step detailed idiot proof (for my benefit) guide for getting two bcf controllers to work with sac. Please!
    Thank you,
    Gil
    Try search.

UK A&H with SAC insert - SAWstudio_Lynx Aurora16_API-Neve Preamps_Behrckie controller

Quote Originally Posted by gdougherty View Post
    Try search.
    thats helpful?!
    yeah do the SAC thing but for everything you find share it on the forum, but if you NEED some advice, well search for it..
    Perhaps with advice like that one would go as far as possible from SAC!!

Lets face it there are a lot of product out there and good one and competitive too. it is just a matter for time for one to look so good, SAC won't be needed at all
    because what is starting to make a difference is help/troubleshooting help desk and greater services from all manufacturers.

SAC has this forum and comments like that!!

I've had 8ch control for a while I am trying to get 2x8ch working and after hours it isn't working and it is messy ( trying to hook back up 8ch but now it has a huge delay in fader response )
    Frankly I've had enough of playing the xxxxxxx win7 expert to make something work.. I want to do sound and music not IT or midi IT!!

I agree with mojogil here..
    Last edited by martiaudio; 12-03-2012 at 01:42 PM.

I did a more thorough search and found some stuff that may be helpful. I'll try it out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by martiaudio View Post
    thats helpful?!
    yeah do the SAC thing but for everything you find share it on the forum, but if you NEED some advice, well search for it..
    Perhaps with advice like that one would go as far as possible from SAC!!

Lets face it there are a lot of product out there and good one and competitive too. it is just a matter for time for one to look so good, SAC won't be needed at all
    because what is starting to make a difference is help/troubleshooting help desk and greater services from all manufacturers.

SAC has this forum and comments like that!!

I've had 8ch control for a while I am trying to get 2x8ch working and after hours it isn't working and it is messy ( trying to hook back up 8ch but now it has a huge delay in fader response )
    Frankly I've had enough of playing the xxxxxxx win7 expert to make something work.. I want to do sound and music not IT or midi IT!!

I agree with mojogil here..
    A quick search of this very forum would find my comprehensive step-by-step guide to configuring 1-2 BCF2000's from scratch, written two years ago. Using just BCF and setup got it within the first page of results. It was a lazy question.

Quote Originally Posted by gdougherty View Post
    A quick search of this very forum would find my comprehensive step-by-step guide to configuring 1-2 BCF2000's from scratch, written two years ago. Using just BCF and setup got it within the first page of results. It was a lazy question.
    Really!! And you still couldn't provide the link for him?
    Geez!!

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...hlight=bcf2000

Why isn't this in your wiki, George?
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Thanks folks. I found this thread earlier. I'm on hour three of this tonight and I'm almost ready to throw these things in the garbage. I'm sure many of you find this quite simple, I'm really having a hard time rapping my brain around it. I've followed the instructions step by step but only partial success. There must be a variable in my system that doesn't play well or something. Strange thing is that I've done it before several months ago, I think it was Richard who walked me through it. I need to stop for tonight as I am getting very frustrated.