Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default waves ssl 4000 problem

Hi everybody, I'm trying to use wave ssl 4000 strip channel on sac but i can't get it work!

Can someone help me?

my setup is win xp professional running on e8500 with 4Gigs ram

Default Re: waves ssl 4000 problem

I believe that plug in has latency, so sac won't initialise it. Granted it's apparently only sample but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattseymour View Post
    I believe that plug in has latency, so sac won't initialise it. Granted it's apparently only sample but still.
    So there's no way to use it?

Thanks

Not as a plugin within sac. You could maybe do something complicated with another host, such a reaper, with aux sends if you have multi client Asio drivers. Personally I wouldn't do that.

Ok, thank you. Even I wouldn't do that, there're some other plugins that you know that sound amazing like waves ssl 4000?
    I mean, Sac eq's and dyn are very very good, but there're a plugins that can be more perfect?

6. Default Re: waves ssl 4000 problem

The Waves SSL EQ and Stereo Comp work in SAC, the SSL channel strip has 2Samples latency. Maybe try the SSL duende plugs. The Duende SSL channelstrip works in SAC.

7. Default Re: waves ssl 4000 problem

Wasn't there a workaround? I think I remember somebody mentioning maybe a vst host that would mask the latency and report zero samples to SAC?

I know it's not recommended generally, but for 2 samples would it be workable?

8. Default Re: waves ssl 4000 problem

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Henry View Post
    Wasn't there a workaround? I think I remember somebody mentioning maybe a vst host that would mask the latency and report zero samples to SAC?

I know it's not recommended generally, but for 2 samples would it be workable?
    Well that was probably me:-)
    You could use the VST Chainer, and host the SSL Channel in there.
    Works!

http://www.xlutop.com/html/chainer.html

can you run Chainer in a FX patch then??

In the background I use Brainspawn Forte, it is almost the same only forte is more for VST instruments but can use FX also. I use it for my keyboard setup to play vst plugins and easy to give it a program change to make select another scene. only I Use SPDIF to go into SAC.
    Sac monitor system/ Lenovo T400 8400 core2duo 2,4Mhz with 4Gb ram. RME Fireface 800 64x2 buffer. 2x behringer ADA8000, one behringer 8 chan. phone amp. 2 iem300 in ear sets all with fischeramp beltpacks in a 6 HE case, behringer BCR2000 for monitor mix

Quote Originally Posted by Wurst Werner View Post
    The Waves SSL EQ and Stereo Comp work in SAC, the SSL channel strip has 2Samples latency. Maybe try the SSL duende plugs. The Duende SSL channelstrip works in SAC.
    Amazing, thanks!