Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: SAC compact 24 in/out

I must say very nice!!! , I love the front plate , how did you make it??
    I love to see some pictures how the ADA8000 are fitted in the Computerhousing.

keep on the good work!!!
    Sac monitor system/ Lenovo T400 8400 core2duo 2,4Mhz with 4Gb ram. RME Fireface 800 64x2 buffer. 2x behringer ADA8000, one behringer 8 chan. phone amp. 2 iem300 in ear sets all with fischeramp beltpacks in a 6 HE case, behringer BCR2000 for monitor mix

2. Default Re: SAC compact 24 in/out

Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    Unfortunatly, lightpipe will never be a great solution for touring + considering 48khz vs 192khz Digidesign, it's quit a limitation.But it's a good idea.
    I'd like to see a double blind test at a live venue of who could tell the difference between 48khz and 192khz.

Digital recording I might give you a chance...live? Ha!

People listen to MP3s all the time without complaint and that's compressed, 48 khz is higher than CDs were produced at. It's marketing and hyperbole...that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzyrick View Post
    I'd like to see a double blind test at a live venue of who could tell the difference between 48khz and 192khz.

People listen to MP3s all the time without complaint and that's compressed, 48 khz is higher than CDs were produced at. It's marketing and hyperbole...that is all.
    Yes BUt at only 48K you miss all the highs from 24K to 96Khz

Butch

Just Midas and PM5 use the 96K....others satisfied 48K
    I think, bit depth much more important than freq resolution...

Since I mixing digital desks, I use with only UPS.
    Our big S.A.C. system is working since 2 years like that without freezing...

I have a friend in a company ( they make accesories for analog snakes, pc chassis etc...) and he made me this "custom made" box.
    This is my own design.

The panels are installed by this (first picture).....first time I tought that will be unstable, but it wasn't the binding is very tight.
    (second pic: during assembly)

If the PC box goes in production want to buy one.
    Sac monitor system/ Lenovo T400 8400 core2duo 2,4Mhz with 4Gb ram. RME Fireface 800 64x2 buffer. 2x behringer ADA8000, one behringer 8 chan. phone amp. 2 iem300 in ear sets all with fischeramp beltpacks in a 6 HE case, behringer BCR2000 for monitor mix

Hello,here are some tips for my Hungarian Friend.

Would be great if peamps would be remote capeable and better ones,
    to have a box buit that would have the abilaty to send video,midi and usb signal over Cat5 to a TouchScrean LCD mith a fader pack hahaahaha
    and 1 stereo mix to the foh and to receave a mono signal for talkback

Just kiddin'
    Last edited by operationwhat; 10-03-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    Unfortunatly, lightpipe will never be a great solution for touring + considering 48khz vs 192khz Digidesign, it's quit a limitation.But it's a good idea.
    Wait, do you think Avid consoles operate at 192kHz? They do not. They are 48kHz only. Anything else is really a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzyrick View Post

I think you are mixing up some things. The 48kHz mix engine is a completely different thing than a 16-Bit CD.

9. Default Re: SAC compact 24 in/out

CDs are manufactured with a 44.1 khz bit rate and 16 bit resolution. You can look it up yourself...

10. Default Re: SAC compact 24 in/out

are you pulling the power for the ADA's off the power supply for the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by virtualmixingconsole View Post
    Just Midas and PM5 use the 96K....others satisfied 48K
    I think, bit depth much more important than freq resolution...

Since I mixing digital desks, I use with only UPS.
    Our big S.A.C. system is working since 2 years like that without freezing...

I have a friend in a company ( they make accesories for analog snakes, pc chassis etc...) and he made me this "custom made" box.
    This is my own design.

The panels are installed by this (first picture).....first time I tought that will be unstable, but it wasn't the binding is very tight.
    (second pic: during assembly)