Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Saving Mix on remote

Quote Originally Posted by kruntz View Post
    No need to do that.
    No need to share any drive.
    SAC's code to save files clashes with windows user security someway.
    Just run SAC client in an account with the same username and password of the one used by SAC server.
    Or use "control userpasswords2" to store cached credentials on the client.

Remote save and remote scenes will work without any hassle...

BTW, sharing a remote drive (on a windows *XP only* network) does (as a side effect) the same thing you can accomplish with control userpasswords2.
    Nice thought, except that it doesn't "just work" here with the method described being what I've done with sac since day 1. It also doesn't just work on the same machine which should have full rights to itself running as the identical user. Win7 pro 32-bit
    Last edited by gdougherty; 10-02-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gdougherty View Post
    It also doesn't just work on the same machine which should have full rights to itself running as the identical user. Win7 pro 32-bit
    Would you please check with this utility:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896645.aspx
    which kind of error is raised during the file save request?
    Last edited by kruntz; 10-02-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    Cheers.

"while(!asleep()) sheep++;"
    Carlo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Well Richard... if you ever clear the time and what to chase it down, feel free to give me a call. It definitely works on my systems and as far as I know I am not doing anything fancy with the network stuff... its got to be a setting somewhere or some service you may have shutdown tweaking the machine that is necessary to be running... I just keep things very basic and reasonably simple in my Windows tweaks and everything seems to work fine.

Creating scenes on my remotes has always worked for me... and if I have multiple remotes connected, each remote gets properly updated with the newly created scene.

It would be nice to find out what is different that causes the grief.

Bob L
    Bob,

Thank you for the offer. This has been my plan for some time now. Although I hadn't really planned on calling you on the phone, when time allows I will take you up on that offer.

I'm sure it can be made to work and it's mostly a matter of taking the time to make it happen. I have a "to do" list as well.

I have not had issues where scenes created on the host don't show up on the remotes. Although I will admit that I have not paid special attention to that either, I don't recall ever creating a scene on the host and then not having it available to trigger on a remote and I do keep the scenes window open on my remote most of the time.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fulton View Post
    Just curious if anybody has try to save a session or anything with unaltered registry and services and take out one at a time of the things you normally shut off till you get sac to fail?
    I never alter the registry on my systems. While I have done some of the "tweaks" that are often touted around here, I don't go down the list and check them off. In other words most of my systems are just basic stock windows machines with the only real tweaks being that I put them into the classic windows theme and turn a few visual things off and if they came with anti virus software I uninstall that. And then do things so hard drives won't spin down or the computer go to sleep and stuff like that.

I don't turn off any services or play with those in any way for the most part. (yes I know how and I understand what they do, I just don't bother)

In other words, I doubt my issues are because some service is turned off.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

I have no problems with saving a mix from a remote to any drive in my systems, and no problems creating, modifying, deleting, renaming, importing scenes from any remote or the host.????????

KUI

6. Default Re: Saving Mix on remote

all pf the 4 systems I have built are stock win7 64bit and win XP 64bit with NONE of the recommended tweaks and I can save on all of my remotes and save to the hosts with no issues whatsoever.. all I ever had to do was share the SAC folder.. of course ymmv

7. Default Re: Saving Mix on remote

Both systems are XP...no passwords on either system. I'll have to get time to boot up the system and take a picture of the actual error on the remote.

I'll look into the services thing too. I pared down the server pretty good before I installed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzyrick View Post
    no passwords on either system.
    That might be part of the problem, actually. I have noticed that windows likes passwords to be in place for certain things (like file sharing) to work properly. It's supposed to work without it on XP, but it's worth a try.

I also always try to keep the usernames and passwords the same. That seems to make it easier too.. but it's not always possible.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

I'm working on memory from years past when I set up our SAC system to work with remotes... I remember that I had these kinds of problems and one of the things (besides sharing the c: drive etc.) was that I created an actual account with password for each machine and made both of the ADMINISTRATOR. That way they had all rights. Don't remember the rest except that I basically had to do away with any kind of rights protection so that my remote could access anything on the host. I did get it to work though so it is possible.
    Tom ~
    ---------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P; Intel E8500 3.16Ghz; 4Mb Corsair Dominator; 160gb WD Sata; Powercolor PCS AX4670 Video; RMERaydat; 3xADA8000; 4u Dynapower Case
    40 Chnl with Dyn & EQ = 17-18% CPU

By default in xp and forward, accounts without passwords do not get access rights from the network. You can use the local security policy/registry tweaks to change that but its easiest to just create matching accounts on the host and remote with identical passwords.

You don't have to sign in on the host with that account, it just needs to exist there, but you need to sign in with a matching account on the remote to gain access to the file system. If you want access in both directions you might as well sign on as the same user in both locations. Also, make sure to set passwords on both ends not to expire as the default policy is to expire at 45 days IIRC.