Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: VST Player again

Hello,

Vstplayer works stable in my Rig, causes no crashes, but causes slipped buffers when changing songs.
    But i think its o.k. for playing Songs before and after a concert.
    Its not remoteable.
    So i have to wait for Bobs player

@ Richard:
    Yes, I can use a Hardware Player for playing Musik in SAC.
    And i can use a hardware reverb, and a hardware equalizer, and a hardware compressor, etc...
    But it would be very nice (in my opinion), if i use a mixsystem like SAC, to have these things inside without the need for external hardware and cabeling.

Best Wishes
    Andreas
    Rig: Silverstone gd01sr Case, Asrock H55m LE Mobo, Intel Core i5 661, 4 MB Kingston Ram, IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 500GB Samsung HD, Motu 424 PCIe, 2 x Motu 2408 MK3, 6 x ADA8000 (modded power supply and remoteable gains), 2 x Appsys ADX 64pro, 2 x BCF 2000, Motu Fast Lane Midi Interface

2. Default Re: VST Player again

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    I know I will be shot down more than likely, but every time I read about all the hoops people will jump through just to save not having to bring a CD player, iPod or to save a whopping to physical inputs on their SAC rigs, it just boggles my mind.

Folks, it's simple, buy a CD Player or Ipod or if you need a real tool, SFX or Qlab on a separate laptop. Plug them in. Set your routing and levels in SAC... press play... or GO... works like charm, doesn't create any slipped buffers or crash SAC or anything. Magic.
    For me personally it has nothing to do with using the physical outputs or anything you mentioned. It's about the fact that I run a wireless system and when the band goes on break(sometimes unexpectedly) that it takes a while to dash through the crowd to even just hit play.

I'm just looking for something remotable for convenience is all. I could probably do something similar with an in ear system, but instead of sending the output to headphones I'd be sending it to the system itself...and have a CD player, iPod, etc... at the FOH position.

3. Default Re: VST Player again

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzyrick View Post
    For me personally it has nothing to do with using the physical outputs or anything you mentioned. It's about the fact that I run a wireless system and when the band goes on break(sometimes unexpectedly) that it takes a while to dash through the crowd to even just hit play.

I'm just looking for something remotable for convenience is all. I could probably do something similar with an in ear system, but instead of sending the output to headphones I'd be sending it to the system itself...and have a CD player, iPod, etc... at the FOH position.
    One thing you could do is connect a playback device to your preamps, have it play and loop before the concert starts and just keep its fader down. Once a break comes up then you can simply bring up the fader. To prevent the possibility that you accidentally bring up the fader during the show you can put it on its own Mixer.

Going out this afternoon to run music and provide some microphones for my Uncle's memorial service. I'm using my laptop with a ton of his favorite CD's ripped into Window's media Player . Going into SAC via spdif. I normally use Windows Media player with my main SAC rig as well. No slipped buffers..nary a problem...

Not remotable mind you but works well.
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Quote Originally Posted by airickess View Post
    One thing you could do is connect a playback device to your preamps, have it play and loop before the concert starts and just keep its fader down. Once a break comes up then you can simply bring up the fader. To prevent the possibility that you accidentally bring up the fader during the show you can put it on its own Mixer.

Pretty much what I was going to say. I would just disable the channel however rather than bother with jumping to a dedicated mixer for it. Just another way to go about it.

If all I wanted was break music, I'd just buy an iPod nano, fill it full of music, create playlists with appropriate music for various artists and when I set up I'd hit play and let it run for the entire show.

Anyway, I understand there is always going to be certain needs that will be an exception. But from what I've read over the years, most of the folks playing around will all these various rube goldberg schemes are simply trying to avoid chewing up an input or two and saving the time of plugging in a single patch cable.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
    Going out this afternoon to run music and provide some microphones for my Uncle's memorial service. I'm using my laptop with a ton of his favorite CD's ripped into Window's media Player . Going into SAC via spdif. I normally use Windows Media player with my main SAC rig as well. No slipped buffers..nary a problem...

Not remotable mind you but works well.
    Well...Gonna have to eat my words

No slipped buffers...but...I found something out this time round. Usually I use the fader controls on my BDF2000 to increase channel volumes. This time round I was using the up /down /Left/Right arrow keys on the laptop. Well....when using Windows Media Player.....the Up arrow key would not funtion on any channel passing audio. Nor would clicking on the arrow in the db. box above the Fader .If I wanted to increase the volume i had to do it via mouse.

So..it's back to a dedicated Ipod or such. I don't like Loopazoid or One shot VST Players. I want to load a play list and be able to manipulate it as I want.

Perhaps if Bob gets his media player finished....
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Try using Foobar 2000
    Works for me with problems at all

Butch

I'm liking Multiplay for this kind of stuff although it's not a VST player. Free program. When's the Bob L version
    coming out?
    Ken
    Intel P4 3.0 4gb Ram
    Motu 2408 X 2
    Ada 8000 X1
    8 channels of Seventh Circle Preamps

I don't think Windows Media Player plays nice with SAC, and I don't care for it either way. Too much fluff and too little intuitiveness.

I noticed when I was setting up my backup host a couple weeks ago that I would get slipped buffers and stuttering out the wazoo when playing a playlist in Windows Media Player. Winamp had no such problems. Part of my issue was the stock Nvidea dual head card in the donated PC, but the fact remains that Windows Media Player *seriously* affected playback.

I use Winamp or Multiplay exclusively with audio playback, just looping the host PC output to a SAC input, and have no issues. Have been experimenting with SACWave Player, but I really need something with playlist and mp3 capability.

HTH,
    Jeff

7th Voice FOH/Mon/Sys Tech
    www.7thVoice.net
    www.reverbnation.com/7thvoice

SAC Installation:
    Dell Optiplex 990, Intel i5/4GB RAM
    3xMOTU 2408, PCI-424x card, 6x ART TubeOpto8, 2x Motormix

SAC Portable Rig:
    IBM ThinkCentre M50 3.2GHz/4GB RAM
    2x MOTU 2408/PCI-424x card, 2x ART TubeOpto8, 2x M-Audio Profire 2626
    Yamaha Promix01 controller, EWI Tourcase
    CUDJ-P-22.

I use Winamp or Multiplay exclusively with audio playback, just looping the host PC output to a SAC input, and have no issues. Have been experimenting with SACWave Player, but I really need something with playlist and mp3 capability.

Ditto on the Multiplay and the need for playlist and MP3.
    Ken
    Intel P4 3.0 4gb Ram
    Motu 2408 X 2
    Ada 8000 X1
    8 channels of Seventh Circle Preamps