Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    UK A&H with SAC insert - SAWstudio_Lynx Aurora16_API-Neve Preamps_Behrckie controller

Default SAC remote and Bluetooth or other means for communication..

I am trying to be as broad as possible as I have something in mind..

Is there any way at all to run SAC remote on a pc based machine that has no ethernet nor wifi, just Bluetooth and usb b?

Default Re: SAC remote and Bluetooth or other means for communication..

the easiest way to do this would be to use the USB port to connect to a networking adapter of some sort. bluetooth is not designed for networking, nor is it able to handle large distances.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

Where did you find a computer without Ethernet?
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

UK A&H with SAC insert - SAWstudio_Lynx Aurora16_API-Neve Preamps_Behrckie controller

Lets formulate the idea..

I am looking at a very efficient way and cheap way to make some personal monitor mix touch pads computers..

it is possible to find 7" with window CE6 for $60 nowadays.. ( price of those cheap GPS sat.Nav..and it does work well actually )

It has bluetooth, not really usb and GPS...

iPad
    with good coding will come soon I am not worried but iPad is way too expensive..
    and I would like to make a good use of SACRemote wired or wireless.

few X41 with the stylus lost of first gig isn't a good idea either...any classic cheap laptop is a no go for me.. I won't ask musician already use to have aviom to operate restricted SACRemote with a mouse whilst playing!!

There is only the Behringer P16M system that really seems the way to go..

But I would rather have the wireless monitor short xlr by the stage box and have some touch pads for the personal Mixers with SACREmote it makes more sense to me and give a lot more possibilities for everyone..

$60 what seems to be a reliable touch pads, if we can run and utilise SACRemote without coding a new sub program for it... that's the way to go to me..
    But How??

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Evans View Post
    the easiest way to do this would be to use the USB port to connect to a networking adapter of some sort. bluetooth is not designed for networking, nor is it able to handle large distances.
    I think you are right.
    it is a long stretch but could work if first I could install SAC REMOTE only on those machine I am describing..
    Surely that can be done right!!

No it can't.

SACRemote will run under windows XP, Vista, 7, and probably fine on 2000. It will run, with some weirdness, under linux with Wine. However that's on x86 systems. I've no idea whether the UI code of SAC, which is what the remote is, uses x86 assembly as the SAC engine does, either way I think your chances of getting it running on something ARM based is very small... unless you use some sort of emulation which would be far too slow to be any use at all.

Frankly this is a waste of time though because a machine that's capable of running XP and therefore SACremote with networking built in is available for very little.

7. Default Re: SAC remote and Bluetooth or other means for communication..

First off, I'm not saying that this is going to be time well spent, but none the less it probably can be done.

If I were attempting this I would first get a healthy host pc and run this http://www.xpunlimited.com/ , or Windows Server in Terminal mode. Install your SAC remotes on the individual terminal sessions. Since it sounds like you want to use this for stage monitor mixes the distances will be short by keeping the host PC on stage. Make sure that the host PC has bluetooth and search for "Bluetooth tcpip" allthough I still think you would be better off buying cheap android tablets that you can get for $99 and use wifi.

Connect the clients to individual remote desktop terminal sessions to the terminal server and you should be good from there.

I strongly suggest that you search for cheap android tablets such as the following in your area though:
    http://www.shopxscargo.com/product_c...gory=Notebooks and Tablets

and use WIFI.

Oooops, it looks like xpunlimited for xp has been discontinued (probably due to Microsoft not liking what it did), my existing copy still works though. This means that you will have to either use Windows Server in terminal mode or virtualized XP instances.
    Last edited by Andy Hamm; 10-06-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: XPUnlimited is limited

But... You're still running over a remote desktop protocol which means you won't have nice responsive metering.

9. Default Re: SAC remote and Bluetooth or other means for communication..

Quote Originally Posted by Mattseymour View Post
    But... You're still running over a remote desktop protocol which means you won't have nice responsive metering.
    For on stage monitor mixes, not such a big deal. Actually over a lan it isn't that bad.

True. And I guess if it gives you control with a $100 tablet its worth exploring.