Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    UK A&H with SAC insert - SAWstudio_Lynx Aurora16_API-Neve Preamps_Behrckie controller

Default Re: SAC remote and Bluetooth or other means for communication..

Quote Originally Posted by soundchicken View Post
    I've got something like this going right now. using a monitor "host" machine that has 5 vbox machines running on it. each VM has rtpmidi running and can connect to ipads or androids with the rigt app.
    I've tried that on my bench with iPod touch and iPhone with ac7 remote but that is not what I have in mind..
    The actual SACremote is great ..so I'd like to run that literally..on lag or wifi..

I guess I'll buy some refurbished thinkpad touch and less than $200ea.. I suppose to date that is the best way.. not sexy as iPads, not finger touch but stylus.. it is more precise anyway.. thanks to all..
    Last edited by martiaudio; 10-08-2012 at 12:48 PM.

2. Default Re: SAC remote and Bluetooth or other means for communication..

First and foremost I do not run VMs on my main host but on a seperate machine, specifically set up with a multicore processor so that each VM gets dedicated core access. I also using a gbit switch with a gbit card in my main host and the monitor host, I know that there is still a potential log jam in the VMs to monitor hosts ability to switch the network info but as to date (apx 50 shows) there have been no gliches/bomb blasts.

Keep in mind that the set up I use is for a single band who are only (in fact they are restricted) using a single monitor mix apice with no fkeys just a midi connection. It is not something that is altered too much, they were just willing to pay for me to set up 5 individully controllable mixes on tablets.
    What app(s) are you using on the tablets? Have you tried, instead of running separate VM's, running multiple instances of SACRemote and RTPMidi?

3. Default Re: SAC remote and Bluetooth or other means for communication..

First and foremost I do not run VMs on my main host but on a seperate machine, specifically set up with a multicore processor so that each VM gets dedicated core access. I also using a gbit switch with a gbit card in my main host and the monitor host, I know that there is still a potential log jam in the VMs to monitor hosts ability to switch the network info but as to date (apx 50 shows) there have been no gliches/bomb blasts.

Keep in mind that the set up I use is for a single band who are only (in fact they are restricted) using a single monitor mix apice with no fkeys just a midi connection. It is not something that is altered too much, they were just willing to pay for me to set up 5 individully controllable mixes on tablets.
    What app(s) are you using on the tablets? Have you tried, instead of running separate VM's, running multiple instances of SACRemote and RTPMidi?

AC7 and TouchDAW on the the 2 tablet types.

If you use multiple sessions of SAC remote then you cannot limit the sessions to a single mixer. They have to have separate IPs to lock them down. (sound guy rule #273, never give a musician a chance to screw with anyone's stuff besides his own)

Multiple iterations could work if the lock down wasn't needed.
    Ben Farmer
    Omaha, NE
    ETCP Certified Entertainment Electrician

UK A&H with SAC insert - SAWstudio_Lynx Aurora16_API-Neve Preamps_Behrckie controller

Actually I've just found that in uk..
    Acer Iconia W500 Tablet PC
    so I guess it can be used right away for SAC remote and multitouch although probably not yet compatible with sac remote but that is ok!!

and although expensive, still a lot cheaper than iPads.. and it is now ..not in a year time with an operating system that is not quite compatible and all that none sense over again..

check it out.. I like to hear some comments!

http://www.ebuyer.com/259179-acer-ic...n=b2c_thursday

imho w500 is not worth the time.
    Ben Farmer
    Omaha, NE
    ETCP Certified Entertainment Electrician

I've tried a different and much more expensive windows tablet and soon gave up. Windows on a tablet is not a happy partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattseymour View Post
    I've tried a different and much more expensive windows tablet and soon gave up. Windows on a tablet is not a happy partnership.

Windows works great on my tablet - Lenovo X61

Ok I'll qualify that statement. Windows with a capacitive touch tablet is not a happy partnership.

I suspect if you have a stylus, with the extra accuracy that brings, things are better. The the capacitive tablets tend to be without a keyboard in an ipad style. I've used a few and the experience is always hopeless.

Tablets work great with or without a stylus... when the software is designed to work with one.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/