Close

Thread: Sfx offer

Default Sfx offer

If you need real hurricane Sfx, let me know soon.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Default Re: Sfx offer

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    Yes, could you please go stand on a jetty or pier and get them for me in surround?

Stormstock Catpures Hurricane Sandy’s Fury as It Crashes into U.S. Coast

I took the pocket recorder out on the porch last night, but as the wind built to a nice crescendo, the noise of the air hitting the mics was wrecking the recording. Before I get any flack for taking mics outside, I'll tell you I was using the little stereo mic that came with the recorder.

It always surprises me that hurricane winds are not steady, but have an oscillation of 5-6 minutes from peak to peak.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

The fact that you know that is kind of scary. I am just glad that you didn't get a chance to record some SFX from up inside the hurri...pardon me, superstorm. It must have been quite a show.
    Jon Smoot
    J.R.S. Productions
    Creative Audio

jrscreativeaudio.com

I took the pocket recorder out on the porch last night, but as the wind built to a nice crescendo, the noise of the air hitting the mics was wrecking the recording. Before I get any flack for taking mics outside, I'll tell you I was using the little stereo mic that came with the recorder.
    You do know about those really expensive "fake fur" windscreens the film and sports guys use, right? Look up Rycote. Then again, if you put one of those around the attached stereo mic on the recorder, the whole recorder would be covered, and you couldn't see it to operate it.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    You do know about those really expensive "fake fur" windscreens the film and sports guys use, right? Look up Rycote. Then again, if you put one of those around the attached stereo mic on the recorder, the whole recorder would be covered, and you couldn't see it to operate it.
    It did help to pull out the waist of my wool sweater and hold the recorder inside it. But the storm didn't make any interesting sounds for ten minutes, so I went back in the house.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    I've heard it called a "dead cat", so it can't be fake.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts