Close

Default Changing 48K header to 44.1

Mistakenly, I had my sound card settings set Not to obey SawStudio's MT Sample Rate request...set at 44.1Khz (therefore not changing the sample rate from previous use at 48k). Thus, playback of the file in both MT and Soundfile sounds slow (and it's stamped as 44.1Khz... but obviously recorded at 48Khz... but playing back at 44.1Khz).
    How do I best repair the file so it plays back properly?
    (obviously been a while since I had this happen.... the sound card options are now set back to allow DAW to control sample rate)
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Default Re: Changing 48K header to 44.1

Carl,

If you have a copy of SAWPro still hanging around... it has an option on the File menu to change a soundfile samplerate in the header, without altering any actual audio data.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Carl,

If you have a copy of SAWPro still hanging around... it has an option on the File menu to change a soundfile samplerate in the header, without altering any actual audio data.

Bob L
    Still working on 're-discovering' the SAWStudio 5.1 manual....
    wow....sounds like I'll have to re-acquaint myself with the SAWPro manual too!

Thanks Bob - GREAT to know!
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

http://www.railjonrogut.com

Rail Jon Rogut made a free utility to do just this. Go to his site above and download Header Investigator. It is pretty easy to use and about a 100K download.

Regards,

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

Thirdly, if you have Sound Forge you can use the resample feature to change the sample rate in the header only (not actually resampling the data in the file).
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    http://www.railjonrogut.com

Rail Jon Rogut made a free utility to do just this. Go to his site above and download Header Investigator. It is pretty easy to use and about a 100K download.

Regards,

MM
    Thanks MM! Nice to have that in utility in the arsenal. (EDIT) Great Interface - Good Options - Right Price.
    Last edited by Carl G.; 11-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Thirdly, if you have Sound Forge you can use the resample feature to change the sample rate in the header only (not actually resampling the data in the file).
    Yep. (I forgot about it - cobwebs were all over the icon)
    SAWPro worked great on this perfectly! (plus.... nice to have back on for restoring old archives).
    Last edited by Carl G.; 11-05-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    SAWPro worked great on this perfectly! (plus.... nice to have back on for restoring old archives).
    And, of course, you still restore your old DAT tape archives of your old SAW Plus sessions, right? Those were the days, my friend!
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    And, of course, you still restore your old DAT tape archives of your old SAW Plus sessions, right? Those were the days, my friend!
    Misty water colored memories of the way (we sawers) were....
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com