Close

1. Default 2nd HDSPe RayDat card install

We have a corporate gig starting Sunday and running all week.

Our present setup has 1 HDSPe RayDat card installed and runs great. However, for this job we have 32 podium mics, 2 lavs, 2 wireless hand helds, projector audio, phone setup, etc. so we need more than the 32 channels.

We have a second matching RayDat card which we are bringing down to our computer guy to install tomorrow morning. He built the original computer for us.

I was just wondering if there is anything special we should be aware of. We are running Windows XP.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Johnny Dee; 11-08-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Default Re: 2nd HDSPe RayDat card install

Use the internal spdif jumper to clock them.

3. Default Re: 2nd HDSPe RayDat card install

and make sure firmware on both cards is the same

4. Default Re: 2nd HDSPe RayDat card install

Thanks for the tips.

Just got home from setting up SAC for this week long corporate job and we got both cards working for the 72 channels. 8am tomorrow will be the call time for the start of the event.

Not to many people seem to be running that many channels! I hope it works well for you!

+1 about the internal jumper. took me weeks to figure out. first card is master, second use auto with sync in selected. Been using almost 3 years on XP sp3.
    Phil

E8500 2gig XP SP3 DIGI9652 ADA8000 x3

7. Default Re: 2nd HDSPe RayDat card install

Not to many people seem to be running that many channels! I hope it works well for you!
    So far we have been running it all day from 8am to 6 or 7pm for the last 4 days with no problems.

8. Default Re: 2nd HDSPe RayDat card install

This is the 3rd time we have done the event for this client. 5 days...8am to 6 or 7pm...worked with no problems.

This event is crazy as it is a secret meeting and we are not allowed in the room during the meeting. We have our main unit set up in a closet and my Son has to sit out in the hotel lobby with a wireless tablet and watch the meters.

One note about a 2nd RAYDAT card in certain motherboards...You MAY need to make a change in the BIOS to enable a second PCI Express x1 slot--otherwise the resources are used for an x4 slot and other things.
    --
    Shane Toven
    Lead Sound Tech
    Harvest Church
    Laramie, Wyoming