Close

Default More cathedral fun

Had a nice experience with my sac rig yesterday, now running version 3 so I can use my touchscreen, thanks for that one Bob, with 38 channels covering orchestra, band, choir and radios for a school carol service in York Minster. Then today it was doing some far simpler duties of four mics plus backing track for a choir of military wives at big deal military parade service thing with royalty present.

I've had people ask me if I trust sac. Given I can now say I've used it in front of members of the royal family and our major military leaders, I think the answer is yes.

For the larger school event, running 1x64 with 4 monitor sends and multitrack recording in reaper at 19% load on my clarkdale i3.

I think what I love the most about this system is that it fits in my car, I can carry it myself, and when someone asks "can we just..." The answer is usually 'yes'.

Default Re: More cathedral fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mattseymour View Post
    I think what I love the most about this system is that it fits in my car, I can carry it myself, and when someone asks "can we just..." The answer is usually 'yes'.
    That's the list that keeps me from too seriously considering switching over to an X32 with their personal monitor system. The x32 is smallish but it's not 6U rack smallish and I'm sure I'd find needs I can't easily meet with the X32 in comparison.

That, and I've just removed the behringer from my audio chain with the Profires now in my stage box.

Quote Originally Posted by gdougherty View Post
    That's the list that keeps me from too seriously considering switching over to an X32 with their personal monitor system. The x32 is smallish but it's not 6U rack smallish and I'm sure I'd find needs I can't easily meet with the X32 in comparison.
    That's pretty much how I see it right now too. Would be nice to push some real faders again but I think I can deal with it.
    Ed Lohr
    http://www.LiveWireSoundSystems.com

SAC Host: Win 7 Pro 64 - i3 3.4Ghz - (3) Presonus FireStudio Project @ 48kHz, 24 bit, 64x1 buffers
    SAC Remote 1: Win 7 Pro 64 - i3 3.3Ghz - 23" LED LCD monitor
    SAC Remote 2: Samsung NP300 Notebook - Win 7 64 - i3 3.3Ghz
    SAC Remote 3: Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx Tablet - Win 8 32 bit

Quote Originally Posted by erlohr View Post
    That's pretty much how I see it right now too. Would be nice to push some real faders again but I think I can deal with it.
    Plus (I think) the x-32 faders are small (shorter than 100mm).
    Last edited by Carl G.; 12-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    Plus (I think) the x-32 faders are small (shorter than 100mm).
    nope, they're full 100mm faders, and actually felt pretty good.