Close

1. Default ADA8K - MOTU 2408 Mash up

I started a new project today....

For a while now I've been concerned about the PSUs in my ADA8K's. I was going to put together an outboard PSU large enough to power up sets of three of them, but today a little lightbulb went on inside my head and I decided it would be better to just put all three of them as well as a 2408 all inside of a single 3U chasis.

This will allow my to power up all of the ADA8K's with a new PSU, and get rid of all of the rack clutter by permanently connecting everything in the box. I'll be replacing the inputs with Neutrik combo jacks and adding individual phantom power switches. I also have plans to remove the gain pot and replace it with a VST controled gain using Arduino or similar device. This just leaves the analog I/O, a single Audiowire interface, and a USB interface on the unit.

2. Default Re: ADA8K - MOTU 2408 Mash up

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hamm View Post
    I started a new project today....

For a while now I've been concerned about the PSUs in my ADA8K's. I was going to put together an outboard PSU large enough to power up sets of three of them, but today a little lightbulb went on inside my head and I decided it would be better to just put all three of them as well as a 2408 all inside of a single 3U chasis.

This will allow my to power up all of the ADA8K's with a new PSU, and get rid of all of the rack clutter by permanently connecting everything in the box. I'll be replacing the inputs with Neutrik combo jacks and adding individual phantom power switches. I also have plans to remove the gain pot and replace it with a VST controled gain using Arduino or similar device. This just leaves the analog I/O, a single Audiowire interface, and a USB interface on the unit.
    And hopefully, after all this modification of the ADA8000 units, they won't fail.

Default Re: ADA8K - MOTU 2408 Mash up

I normaly like hardware modification, but in your case I'd suggest that a commercial solution would be cheaper and you'd be sure that it works.

Take a look on the Albert box or at least at the gain modification for the ADA's.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)