Close

Default OT: Bob & Jeanne

Bob & Jeanne,

Despite your recent setback with the house, you're here answering tons of questions and apparently getting stuff done. Just curious how you two are doing now... wanna make sure you know we're still concerned about your situation. Hopefully, your constant presence here means things are going okay.

Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

Default Re: OT: Bob & Jeanne

I join Jay in wondering how you are doing
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.

We are doing fine... lots of challenges... but everything is moving along nicely towards full recovery.

The insurance company came through very well for us and we actually start the demo of the house-remains tommorrow morning...

I still have lots of audio and computer equipment in the house buried under debris that I could not move out of the way... so I'm excited to see if any of the stuff is recoverable once they start forklifting and removing the debris.

The house is interesting in its current state... you really can't breath very well in there... need masks... grass and algea all over the carpets which are still soaked with many inches of sludge and water... lots of mold and mildew everywhere... I'm assuming many spores in the air that we probably don't want in our lungs... its quite its own little swamp ecology with flies and other insects buzzing all around.

I'll actually really be glad to get past this phase of the restoration and see the place stripped down to the foundation... then... on to the reconstruction.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    We are doing fine... lots of challenges... but everything is moving along nicely towards full recovery.

The insurance company came through very well for us and we actually start the demo of the house-remains tommorrow morning...

I still have lots of audio and computer equipment in the house buried under debris that I could not move out of the way... so I'm excited to see if any of the stuff is recoverable once they start forklifting and removing the debris.

The house is interesting in its current state... you really can't breath very well in there... need masks... grass and algea all over the carpets which are still soaked with many inches of sludge and water... lots of mold and mildew everywhere... I'm assuming many spores in the air that we probably don't want in our lungs... its quite its own little swamp ecology with flies and other insects buzzing all around.

I'll actually really be glad to get past this phase of the restoration and see the place stripped down to the foundation... then... on to the reconstruction.

Bob L

Good news Bob. Glad to hear that things are going well and progressing forward. And yeah... wear those masks! We don't want you guys breathing bad junk after surviving the fire!

All the best to you guys!

Perry

Wow, Bob. That's gotta be kinda tough to see your old home turned into a quasi-swamp. Just want you to know that I and many others don't take your presence here for granted. I can only imagine how tough it would be to deal with what you have to deal with on top of running a company... don't think I could be as available as you are. No one will blame you if you aren't quick to respond till you get this completely behind you.

Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

Thanks for the update Bob. Good to know that things are going ok, giving the circumstances. Nice to hear your positive attitude, it gives food for thought.
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.

I, too, am glad to hear that there is progress on the recorvery for Bob and Jeanne. For some reason, I am reminded of Thomas Edison's first reaction when his West Orange labs caught fire. He called his wife at home and said "Quick, bring the kids! They've never seen a real fire before!" His statement to reporters was that he would build bigger and better on the ruins.

Not that I would recommend this as the great family adventure myself...

The inspiring thing is that Bob and Jeanne are not letting this terrible event stop them from moving forward. I am hopeful that they will come through all this stronger than before, and better able to pursue their goals.

Wishing them well in any case...

My V Drums were pulled from the rubble today and all drum heads are intact... everything looks possible to recover... I will work on the electronics module next week to see if it will power up once I take it apart and clean it up and bake the circuitry for a while to dry it out completely... my fingers are crossed.

My HandSonic came out the door today also... looks fine physically also... will do the same cleanup procedure and see what happens.

All 8 of my custom monitor cabinets were also rescued... speakers were totally destroyed but the boxes were intact... a little cleanup and some new speaker components may salvage these for my rebuilt control room in 6 months.

Bob L

Bob:

I was sorry to read about your fire loss... my family went through that in the late 70's when our resort in Northern Wisconsin burned down from a fire in the restaurant kitchen... man I can still remember the smell in everything we salvaged. We lived in the building where the fire was too and though the fire didnt make it into the living area the smoke damage drove us to live in one of the motel rooms for a couple months. Last time I saw you all your stuff was in the IQS "Ranch".. so I guess all that stuff was in your house during the fire. Hmmm Jeanne is a piano player... was there a Steinway D in there somewhere with your V drums? Best wishes in your recovery efforts.. hope you continue to find more little treasures as you dig out.

Bill