Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: quiet singer...need mic recomendation

speakers are permanently flown from trussing, and she uses in ears. I mostly think it is mic technique more than anything. I have been working with her on it, and it has been getting better.

2. Default Re: quiet singer...need mic recomendation

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Blazek View Post
    After owning/using most of the "big boys" for vocals (including Shure Beta 58, Beta87, KSM9, Neumann KMS104/105 and Sennheiser e865), I am completely sold on the Blue e300 condenser (http://bluemic.com/encore300/). I have ditched all my other vocal mics in favor of this mic. Male/female, it doesn't matter. It wipes the floor with all of these (and many more).

At $199.00 street, it is cheaper than all the ones listed (they are between $270 and $600!).

My good friend (and lead singer in my band) described it in one word after using it for the first time - "effortless!"

If there is a better live vocal mic out there, I have not heard it.

Hope this helps - Cheers!
    I've never used one of these, I'll have to give blue another try.

My only experience with them was the blue 'ball mic' which was absolutely horrendous. I actually thought that it was a promotional item from Labbatt's (A Canadian Beer Company) and we ended up throwing it around like a ball, so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

It was without a doubt the worst mic I've ever used fresh out of the box - and it was fairly well hyped at the time.

UK A&H with SAC insert - SAWstudio_Lynx Aurora16_API-Neve Preamps_Behrckie controller

for live and studio, dynamic or ribbon mics,
    why don't you use a booster.. I actually hand make some..
    15dB super clean balanced booster. and it gives an interesting twist on dynamic mics..
    I take an exemple: I did a gig for only lectern presentation mic, but the hotel provided dynamic on boom .. that is really no use for speech because the speaker will be too far away from it.. with the booster I was able to get the character, level I needed without the feedback.

Try a Heil RE35 it has 45 db back side rejection and an incredibly smooth bottom end. I first used it on a gospel bass singer who wasn't really a bass so when he tried for any thing remotely low he lost all of his projection along with thinking he was being loud and pulling the mic away at the same time. it is the only mic i ever got to work on that guy after trying several sure options many of the ev line including an re20.

http://www.heilsound.com/pro/press/v...youtubegallery