Close

Default MP3 player inside SAC

If anyone tried mp3play.dll vst plugin for playing mp3 files inside SAC, than he must have ran into a problem with the buffer and even SAC crashing.
    Has anyone figured out how to get rid of this problem beside using physical inputs?
    Last edited by operationwhat; 02-21-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: MP3 player inside SAC

Hello,

Why not covert the mp3's to wav's and then use the wave player that I provided some time ago.

Works great for me - especially in using scenes.

GOT IT!!!

Thanx...I know....
    I already do that but I just need a simple mp3 player before and after concert with a list of whatever music...
    I was going mad cause I couldn't remember the little trick I already did before....
    I used to use this mp3play plugin and winamp without wires, conected to SAC but had so many alternatives I almoust forgot about this one!!!!

There a plugins Elevayta_Stream Boy that can stream audio between daws.So.... I loaded mp3play2 into a standalone ChainerVST selected asio4all drivers selected 48khz, and inserted streamboy.Then I loaded the Chainer in SAC too and inserted the SreamBoy plugin in the rack and selected revieve, and finally got the signal in 48khz in SAC with only 02% of processor.Not bad!

Also there's another way around it...using WinAmp - VAC - Chainer with Asio4All StreamBoy - StreamBoy in SAC - Chainer - SAC.
    But I'll check that one out too.It looks like a hughe process but it's not, if once set up.
    Last edited by operationwhat; 02-21-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Finally !!!!
    salved how to play WinAmp into SAC internally. I've tested the above mentioned path and I figured what was wrong!
    It's not VAC Virtual Audio Cable that I used before but VB-Audio's Virtual Cable that is a whole different thing!!!
    When you install the VBCableDriver_Pack41 free you'll get a really stable drivers that offer much more than VAC does.
    Also there's a dedicated panel where you can see the audio path, sampling freq. and the levels of the input and output stream.In this case the Virtual Cable is doing the coversion from whatever fs to 48k internally. NIceeee!!!! No need for s/pdif or analog inputs.

U will need:

StreamBoy not free

ChainerVSTi and stanalone not free

VB-AudioVirtual Cable DriverPack41 FREE!!!
    http://vbaudio.jcedeveloppement.com/...ver_Pack41.zip

It's not VAC it's VB-Audio !!!! not the same!

ASIO4ALL
    http://www.asio4all.com/

HOW TO SET IT UP:

The way to do it is to Run SAC and insert the Chainer VSTi plugin in a channel and load the StreamBoy plugin in the rack and press RECIEVE.
    After that set the run WinAmp and select for its output to use VB-VCable Driver and open the VB-Cable Control panel.Play a song in winamp and you'll see the signal in the VB Panel that is coming from WinAmp in at 44khz.

Now, run Chainer Stanalone, and in the audio prefs. select ASIO4ALL drivers.In the audio I/O panel of the settings select VB-Cable for L/R inputs and the output's leave blank or select system sound or whatever that SAC doen't uses.Set the sampling fs. at 48k and load an input in the rack and load the StreanBoy pugin into chainer. If you look to the VB-Control Panel you'll see that the output of VB-Cable know will be synced to the ASIO4ALL drivers that are running at 48k.Also you have to open up the ASIO4ALL driver panel and switch of the VB-VCable output and leave only the input on.
    And that's it.You will be able to play WinAmp directly into SAC with a max 02% load on a 3Ghz AthlonII X3 with 3 gb RAM, running with Lynx Aes16 card at 1x64 and using the new driver's for lynx that are unstable and far more worse than the older one.
    So I guess that this 02% usage is OK!

Here it is:
    Last edited by operationwhat; 02-23-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Any feed backs? Have anyone tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    Any feed backs? Have anyone tried it?
    Hopefully no 'feedback'
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

7. Default Re: MP3 player inside SAC

Is this able to be used on the remote?

I guess you're asking how to control winamp over ip/network...
    Here are some programs that can do the thing you want...
    check then out...

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/winamprc/6182

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/cubicle-jukebox/97861

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/netamp/25304
    Last edited by operationwhat; 03-05-2013 at 12:02 AM.