Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 324/2408 issues-beep noise

Hello
    I am having an issue with one of my motu 324 pci cards. I have been using it with success for over 8 months with an ibm 8171 (XP, 1 GB ram, 3.0 ghz) with a 2408 mk1 and 3 ada8000's.vThat is, until last week when I started to get a beeping noise when passing audio. I have moved the ada's and changed the 2408 for another, changed out the audiowire,re-installed the drivers and the SAC software, and I continue to get what sounds like a beep noise only when audio passes. I have an identical rig that was my spare unit but now has been pressed into service. It is working at 1X32 with no issues. The rig in question will work better at 2X128, but went the buffer is reduced, the beep noise is more evident. I found that this forum and others can be very helpful and I read them often, but I cannot seem to correct this issue. Thank you in advance for any helpful advice.
    Salsa Dave
    Chicago Area
    David Staubitz

2. Default Re: 324/2408 issues-beep noise

Do you have a demo version of something?

Default Re: 324/2408 issues-beep noise

I don't think so. I have removed the Vst plug-ins and just have a bare bones rig going, just 324 to 2408, music player in 1+2, monitoring of the headphone jack. Am I going to have to re-install XP to get this thing to work?
    David Staubitz

Check this: seems to be an audio feedback obtained somehow. Are you using cuemix, too? Check that any cue mix/matrix is off.

5. Default Re: 324/2408 issues-beep noise

No, it is a beep noise following any audio passing through the system. I do not think I have the cuemix running. I have been working to fix this for about a week now, and I am stumped. I think I will have to re-install everything on this computer and maybe that will fix it. Thanks for the help.
    David Staubitz

When you tried it on another computer was it the same 324 card? If not, maybe try another 324 card if you have one? I can tell you, it's possible for them to fail.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Could you post a small audio-sample?
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

I have tried a different 324 card. It seems to be in the computer, because everything works well in the other systems I have. I cannot post a sample because I have reinstalled the OS on the unit and am in the process of installing drivers and software. I will post the results. Thanks everyone for your input.
    David Staubitz

I reinstalled the OS and cloned the hard drive of my working unit. Problem solved, no beep noise. Must have been some demo program on the rig. I am glad the hardware works. Thanks everyone.
    David Staubitz