Close

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: OT: ADA8200 News

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hamm View Post
    Why would you want to do that? I can just imagine speaker fragments flying across the venue when someone unplugs the cable patched into it, or better yet flicks the power switch on an amp with a direct out....

They should just limit the gain to a more usable range and give the gain knob more precision.
    Because I would like to have as much dynamic range as I can...?
    Last edited by Carlos Mills; 09-16-2013 at 05:48 AM.
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

2. Default Re: OT: ADA8200 News

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Mills View Post
    Because I would like to have as much dynamic range as I can...?
    This answer makes absolutely no sense.

Why would you want to do that? I can just imagine speaker fragments flying across the venue when someone unplugs the cable patched into it, or better yet flicks the power switch on an amp with a direct out....

They should just limit the gain to a more usable range and give the gain knob more precision.
    But these go to 11...
    DF

http://soundaddy.com

Intel DG965OT Motherboard (11/17/08) - Intel P4 LGA-775 651 (Cedar Mill) 3.4GHz CPU
    2.0GB 800Mhz RAM - 40GB Intel X25-V SSD - 500GB SATA "Spinner"

RME HDSP 9652 (x2 - 1 spare) - Behringer ADA8000 (x5 - 2 spares)
    CM MotorMix (x3 - Host system) - Behringer BCF-2000 (Remote system)

Quote Originally Posted by airickess View Post
    This answer makes absolutely no sense.
    "Dynamic range in analog audio is the difference between low-level thermal noise in the electronic circuitry and high-level signal saturation resulting in increased distortion and, if pushed higher, clipping.[13] Multiple noise processes determine the noise floor of a system. Noise can be picked up from microphone self-noise, preamp noise, wiring and interconnection noise, media noise, etc (...)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

By the way, I use SAC to record live (to SAWStudio), not for PA.
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile

6. Default Re: OT: ADA8200 News

"Dynamic range in analog audio is the difference between low-level thermal noise in the electronic circuitry and high-level signal saturation resulting in increased distortion and, if pushed higher, clipping.[13] Multiple noise processes determine the noise floor of a system. Noise can be picked up from microphone self-noise, preamp noise, wiring and interconnection noise, media noise, etc (...)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range
    And this just proves my point. Cranking up the preamps all the way is very bad practice and will usually result in "...increased distortion and, if pushed higher, clipping."

By the way, I use SAC to record live (to SAWStudio), not for PA.
    Here is a sample of my live recording gigs (Brazilian Music), all of them with ADA8000: http://snd.sc/10Vmtfw
    Last edited by Carlos Mills; 09-16-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile

8. Default Re: OT: ADA8200 News

Here is a sample of my live recording gigs (Brazilian Music), all of them with ADA8000: http://snd.sc/10Vmtfw
    Great sound, good job!

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by beatpete View Post
    Great sound, good job!
    Thanks Beatpete, we have a wonderful tool for live recordings with SAC/SAW. In the future I am willing to use SAC for streaming live throw the Internet as well.
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile