Bruce Hornsby Solo. "Nice"
    Miller/Coors 2013 brand launch

KUI

Default Re: Little Gigs

now who says that it's inpossible to get a job offer with sac on rider

Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    now who says that it's inpossible to get a job offer with sac on rider
    Nobody, when the mixer is the one writing the spec for SAC. It's when you're an equipment provider to others and you supply gear to those who write the riders. Not many riders are going to spec SAC, so either you have to spend time convincing them that SAC will do what they need or you give them what is written on the rider.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Am thrilled to see success story's about SAC. And am finding more and more gigs where the rider says "here's our stage plot, here is the venue, we need this many monitor mixes and we don't have a sound guy. What can you do at what cost." Picked up a Charlie Robison gig just today. I think digital mixing, no matter the platform is settling over analog systems where gear differences could be really heard.
    David www.DavidGlassSoundServices.com
    SAC/SAW System: I3 cpu, Intel SSD for Software & WD3200 300gb for Data, RME HDSP9652, 3 ADA8000, optical drive, dual 20" displays, AmpedWireless HiPwr router, Shure wireless talkback mic, SAC, SAWlite, Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, Levelizer, WaveLab, WinAmp.
    Remote: Lenovo 16" notebook, 20" 2nd display, BCF 8 channel Fader pack.

Quote Originally Posted by glass50 View Post
    Am thrilled to see success story's about SAC. And am finding more and more gigs where the rider says "here's our stage plot, here is the venue, we need this many monitor mixes and we don't have a sound guy. What can you do at what cost." Picked up a Charlie Robison gig just today. I think digital mixing, no matter the platform is settling over analog systems where gear differences could be really heard.
    Question for you Dave... Do you work with promoters mostly to get your gigs or do you get them directly through the band and performers?
    Ed Lohr
    http://www.LiveWireSoundSystems.com

SAC Host: Win 7 Pro 64 - i3 3.4Ghz - (3) Presonus FireStudio Project @ 48kHz, 24 bit, 64x1 buffers
    SAC Remote 1: Win 7 Pro 64 - i3 3.3Ghz - 23" LED LCD monitor
    SAC Remote 2: Samsung NP300 Notebook - Win 7 64 - i3 3.3Ghz
    SAC Remote 3: Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx Tablet - Win 8 32 bit

My gigs come from several sources, very few from producers. As examples: BB King Jan 2013 came from facility manager in Tyler TX who knew my work and made reccomendation to BB King's producer. Charlie Robison gig came from cutting a sweet benefit support price for a local charity believe in. I get annual jobs from several small cities and small multistage festivals in DFW area. Also, as needed by local clubs.

I have reasonable non negotiable prices based on simple formula and gig reqirements. http://davidglasssoundservices.com/cost.htm

I always respond quickly, and helpfully to any request with emailed PDF quotes. When requests are accompanied by overblown tech requirements, usually a call to band manager brings requirements into reason.

BTW: I was born and raised on a small horse farm outside of West Chester, PA. Have been in Texas since 1956 thanks to the Airforce. Am BSEE retired from Bell Helicoper after 41 years. Yes, my ears are not that good at FOH anymore.
    David www.DavidGlassSoundServices.com
    SAC/SAW System: I3 cpu, Intel SSD for Software & WD3200 300gb for Data, RME HDSP9652, 3 ADA8000, optical drive, dual 20" displays, AmpedWireless HiPwr router, Shure wireless talkback mic, SAC, SAWlite, Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, Levelizer, WaveLab, WinAmp.
    Remote: Lenovo 16" notebook, 20" 2nd display, BCF 8 channel Fader pack.