Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Video session not rendering??

Hi all

I got done mixing the multi track audio for a video clip and when I go to render it to a final output file ( dvi type 1 or type 2 ) I either get "trouble creating filter graph" pop up error or Saw studio crashes with the microsoft " This progam has to close" type error. Any idea's what I might have screwed up?

I'm obviously new to this. The frame rate of the imported video clip is 29.97. And I chose 29.97 non drop from the SMPT/Midi menu as recomended in the Help file.

I also get a "resolution must be 16 bit" error when tying to render to one of the two types I can't remember which one gave that error though.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Hal

Default Re: Video session not rendering??

The old DV format requires 16 bit resolution and either 44.1k or 48k samplerate settings.

Does the crash happen right away... or at the end of the render?

In many cases you may need to force the last frame to an exact frame boundary... so set the cursor from the video track itself... which forces exact frame boundaries and cut the last frame from there.

Bob L

3. Default Re: Video session not rendering??

Hi Bob

The crash happens right away.

I found another thread in which this same problem was being discussed and the error report was indicating something to do with "quartz.dll." This was in my error report as well. At the end of the thread you talked about the picture size needing to be 720 x 480 for the original video file. If this is the case I need to verify this. Mine may not be sized correctly. However no one in the thread ever actually said if their problems got resolved.

bcorkery? arco? anybody?

Hal

The video file played back properly the whole time you created the audio... is that correct?

What is the source file format and size details?

Bob L

5. Default Re: Video session not rendering??

Yes the video and audio were all fine in Sawstudio.

The source file format is .avi (divx) created with Pavtube's Video converter Ultimate

What exactly do you mean by size details?

Hal

Right-click in the video viewer window over the image of the source video... tell me the size details...

It may need to be preset at 720x480 for the DV format render.

Bob L

7. Default Re: Video session not rendering??

Ok. The original video size is 1920 x 1080. I got it to work but i had to Jump through some hoops.

1. Opened the video file in the Sawstudio viewer

2. Clicked on the Blue triangle and chose the menu path Convert/Extract=>Convert to DV Type-1 Avi file and saved with a new name. and then closed the video file

3. Opened my Multitrack session in Sawstudio and chose the menu path Process/Mixdown=>Build Mix to New Soundsfile(s) to create a stereo wav file of the final mix

4. Opened a new session in Sawstudio, added the final mix soundfile to track 1. Chose the menu path MultiTrack=>Resolution=>16 bits to change the resolution to 16 bit.

5. Added the "new" video file created in step 2 to the video track of the current session and lined up the video and audio tracks so they were in sync.

6 Clicked on the blue triangle of the Video viewer and chose the menu path render Session to DV type-1 Avi file.

Observation #1: When I tried to render the converted video file with the entire original Multi track loaded in the session I got a "Trouble building Render Graph" ( or something like that ) error. I believe this may have been caused by plugins in the session, thus why I did a Build Mix to new soundfile.

Observation #2: after Video Track Viewer converted the original video file to 720 x 480, the video looks slightly "elongated" or stretched vertically.

Is there any way to avoid this elongation?

My conclusions:

Three issues were going on, Audio resolution was not 16 bit, Video size needed to be converted to 720 x 480 and Plugins probably caused the Trouble building Render Graph error.

Does this seem correct Bob? Anything else I should do differently?

Thanks

Hal
    Last edited by hclague; 04-30-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Yes... realize that the ability to render the audio to a new video was done a long time ago when DV format was the highest resolution existing.

Now... if you are using HD resolution files, you will generally want to just render the audio down and place that on an audio track of a real video editing program to do a final render in HD resolution.

In most cases, SAWStudio is only responsible for handling the complex audio mixing and that mix file or individual stem files of dialog, music, FX etc... is handed back to the video editor program for final assembly into a finished HD project.

Bob L

9. Default Re: Video session not rendering??

Thanks Bob

To All following this thread:

Any recomendations for a good, User friendly HD capable video editing program? Can Pavtube Ultimate do this?

Thanks

Hal

Sony Vegas Movie Studio