Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Video session not rendering??

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Follett View Post
    Sony Vegas Movie Studio
    If you want total video control (and automation) over various elements within the video presentation, then Vegas Pro would be a better choice. Be aware though, that the current version (for I don't know why) has many negative reviews (compared to earlier versions).

If you were a MAC guy - I'm told that Final Cut is the best way to go.

If budget is your number one priority Vegas Movie Studio is a big bang for the buck.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

I've never been able to render audio and video together in SAW. I usually transcode the MOV file to AVI, use that to build audio in SAW, mix down and then import that audio into the original MOV file. There's probably a more elegant file path, but with what I have handy, it seems to work fine.

I'm following this thread with interest.

I would love to find a codec that let's you play MOV files in SAW!
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    I've never been able to render audio and video together in SAW. ...

I would love to find a codec that let's you play MOV files in SAW!
    FFD Show... Not sure... but I've loaded MOV in SS yesterday for a spot and it played perfectly. Of course, after I loaded the video file in the MT, I then had "extract audio to MT" (to an input track). Works great.
    Then when I was done with my audio mix - I simply "Rendered to AVI-2" (then used pavtube to convert to MOV. But reality is the mix back to MOV is just for reference timing for them because what they want is the good audio mix in separate file.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Carl,

I've loaded FFD Show and have never been able to open a mov file. I think I was able to load an MP4 once.

You're using a Lynx card, right? I wonder if that makes a difference. I'm using an older RME card that doesn't play the audio on QT files very well, constant stuttering. Also, when a QT file is open, SAW stutters too.

I know when (no longer) "Dry Heat" Dave upgraded his old RME card he was able to play QT files.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    Carl,

I've loaded FFD Show and have never been able to open a mov file. I think I was able to load an MP4 once.

You're using a Lynx card, right? I wonder if that makes a difference. I'm using an older RME card that doesn't play the audio on QT files very well, constant stuttering. Also, when a QT file is open, SAW stutters too.

I know when (no longer) "Dry Heat" Dave upgraded his old RME card he was able to play QT files.
    Missed this.... sorry for the delayed reply.... but yes, I'm using the Lynx card - and MOV plays fine. However, I'm dealing most always with video that is less than 4 minutes long.

However, a while back I needed Pavtube for various 1/2 hr video interviews for audio editing in SS. That was because the camera files had a number of different audio file stripes and I needed to choose different ones on different interviews. Even in Pavtube... if I jumped around quickly... the system didn't like it (hence an upgrade).
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Thanks Carl. Now I have to find some down time in the studio to replace the card and run my own tests.

Bill Corkery Productions