Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT: Looking for an amp that will...

Send a network notification (email, software, whatever) when it faults, overheats, etc. These are for a mostly unmonitored paging environment and it would take a long while to be noticed if they're not monitored.

Any ideas?
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

Default Re: OT: Looking for an amp that will...

I have some crown amps with the PIP-USP3 dsp cards and I am certain they have network error/fault reporting over tcp/ip. Here is a chart showing what amps the cards fit in, as far as amps alone?? I'd check the rest of the crown line that are HiQnet capable.

http://www.crownaudio.com/usa/modulecompact.htm

I know System Architect can do error reporting, but I can't seem to find any references to generating an email notification.

I was hoping for a product that could send the email directly without an intermediate software layer, but that hasn't been forthcoming. I suppose we could look into putting SA on a server somewhere in the network to monitor it.

This whole thing has to be "walk away and leave it" with all reporting going through the client's IT staff, who would then contact us for service.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

We put in a few systems some fire alarm with voice announce that were completely monitored
    Low level 20hz tone into the preamp then monitor the end of the speaker line for the 20 hz
    This is the ONLY way to insure the system will work
    Relying on a failing amplifier to send an Email saying I dieing seems less than reliable

Butch

Powersoft has an option in some of their amps that will do email notification of amplifier conditions. I've never needed it, so I have no idea how it is implemented, but I recall reading that it exists.
    Ramsey
    Kingsnake Sound Company
    Host:1U Supermicro rack case/I5-3570K/ASUS Sabertooth Z77/8GB Ram, 32GB SATA flash OS drive/250GB SATA storage drive/DVD-RW/HP1U KVM/DLink DIR-655 WirelessN OS: Win7 I/O: MOTU PCIx-424, 3x MOTU 2408mk3, 9xADA8000 Plugs:RML Levelizer,SAWverb; DualLinkwitzRileyFilter; Voxengo Gliss; ReaXcomp; Dominion; + testing others
    Typical Show:24-40 Channel, 4-8 mixes+sidefill, Stereo FOH+SAW multitracking
    Buffer & load: 2x32, 25-55% depending

6. Default Re: OT: Looking for an amp that will...

How Technical are you?

You can put together a system that will do this using NetDuino or Arduino. Just use photosensors over the LED's on whatever amp you are using, or open the amp and use the voltage supplied to the LEDs as control signals.

Hi,

If it's only the amp to be monitored, I'd take a look on some alarm solutions, which can send you a sms on your mobile also. Or as an other simple solution, just put a web-cam in front of the leds :-) There are some with alarm functionality if anything changes (and you can define the area to watch, so you can avoid a reaction on the vu-meter's activity

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hamm View Post
    How Technical are you?

You can put together a system that will do this using NetDuino or Arduino. Just use photosensors over the LED's on whatever amp you are using, or open the amp and use the voltage supplied to the LEDs as control signals.
    Not that technical.

This is going into an environment where anything "custom" is taboo anyway.

This whole project is becomeing filled with "you can't get there from here" problems we're trying to overcome.

BE your sound.

Quote Originally Posted by TomyN View Post
    Hi,

If it's only the amp to be monitored, I'd take a look on some alarm solutions, which can send you a sms on your mobile also. Or as an other simple solution, just put a web-cam in front of the leds :-) There are some with alarm functionality if anything changes (and you can define the area to watch, so you can avoid a reaction on the vu-meter's activity

Tomy
    The problem is having an amp that can feed such a system. I'm versed in alarm products as we do both fire and burglary.

Webcam isn't an option in a rack with a closed door, unfortunately. Most of them also dont allow you to specify an area small enough to encompass only an LED, and simply turning the lights on and off in the room would trigger the alarm too.

I really need something built in, either as a dry contact or a direct IP solution. If neither of those works out, I think the answer is going to have to be a very regular testing regimen (which we're trying to avoid). When something must be tested 1-4 times a year, the testing is likely to get done. When it must be tested daily, weekly, or monthly, it's much more likely to go without being done, due to expense.

BE your sound.

10. Default Re: OT: Looking for an amp that will...

Try calling Lab Gruppen:

http://labgruppen.com/products/fp_pl...s/c/nomadlink/

They also have the new IPD series.